DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS-30 JANUARY 2015
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1) S. JAYSHANKAR IS NEW FOREIGN SECRETARY OF INDIA
Ø India's Ambassador to the US, Dr. S Jaishankar was appointed as the Foreign Secretary
Ø He will have tenure of two years.
Ø He has replaced Sujata Singh( 1st woman foreign secretary of India)
Ø Jaishankar as Ambassador to China is credited for his deft handling of tensions between New Delhi and Beijing over the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in 2013.
Ø He is the India’s longest serving Ambassador to China.
1. Who is appointed as new foreign secretary of India
A. Sujata Singh
B. Arup Raha
C. Anil Dhoval
D. S Jayshankar
2) FIRST EVER LINK OF RAILWAY BETWEEN KATRA AND BENGLUR
Ø Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu flagged off ‘Yeshwant Pur Katra premium express’, the first direct Rail link between Katra and Bengluru on Thursday
1. Name of first ever Train between Katra and Bengluru
A. Keshavpur premium express
B. Bengluru Premium express
C. Rajdhani express
D. Yeshwant Pur Katra premium express
3) SUBASH GHISINGH DIED
Ø Subash Ghisingh the founder leader of separate homeland for Gorkhas died on Thursday.
1. Who was the founder leader of separate home land for Gorkhas who died recently
A. Subash Ghisingh
B. Mirnal Sen
C. Amit Mitra
D. S. Chatterjee
4) OPENING OF NEW COINS GALLERY
Ø A New coins gallery will be opened at Salarjung Museum (Hyderabad).
Ø For the first time a rare collection ranging from the BC to the present times will be displayed.
1. Name of the museum where new coins gallery will be opened
A. Salarjung museum
B. prince of wales museum
C. Bhau daji lad museum
5) AIRTEL APPLIED FOR PAYMENTS BANK LICENSE
Ø Airtel M Commerce services ltd. ( AMSL) which is the holy subsidiary of Bharti Airtel; has applied for payments bank license that are issued by the RBI
Ø Payments Bank:- are banks for providing small saving account and payments/remittance services to migrant labour work forces or small vendors.
1. Which company has applied for payments Bank license
C. Bharti Airtel
D. Tata docomo