DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 31 JULY 2015
(DAILY NEWS IN INDIA)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. RESERVE BANK OF INDIA TO ISSUE 10 RUPEES COINS TO COMMEMORATE ‘INTERNATIONAL DAY OF YOGA’
i. RBI decided to put into circulation 10 Rupees coin to commemorate the international Day of Yoga .
ii. The coin have been minted by the Government of India.
iii. The coin bears the logo of International Day of Yoga
2. KALYANI GROUP PARTNERS WITH ISRAEL’S RAFAEL TO MAKE SPIKE MISSILE
i. India’s Kalyani group and Israel’s Rafael have partnered to produce spike anti tank guided missile in India.
3. CYCLONE KOMEN FORMED OVER BAY OF BENGAL
i. Cyclone Komen formed after the depression over the northern Bay of Bengal turned into cyclone storm.
ii. Indian meteorological department forecasted heavy to very heavy rains with isolated extremely heavy rains in Gangetic West Bengal and Odisha.
4. E-TOURIST VISA SCHEME EXTENDED TO CHINA, HONG KONG AND MACAU
i. E-Tourist visa scheme was extended to China ,Hong Kong and Macau.
ii. Now total number of countries covered under E-tourist visa scheme increased to 77 from 74.
5. GOVERNMENT TO SET UP NATIONAL INVESTMENT AND INFRASTRUCTURE FUND (NIIF)
i. Union Cabinet approved setting up of National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) to Support new and stressed projects so that it may help to restart the investment cycle.
ii. The fund will have an initial corpus of 20000 crore rupees.