DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 31 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIA’S OWN SUBMARINE ASSEMBLY WORKSHOP INAUGURATED AT MAZGAON
i. Second submarine assembly workshop of the Mazagon Dock Limited was inaugurated by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.
ii. Submarine Marine Assembly Workshop is a pre-engineered building structure to handle construction of multiple submarines simultaneously.
2. SUNRISERS HYDERABAD GRABBED 2016 INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE
i. Sunrisers Hyderabad has won the ninth edition of the Indian Premier League.
ii. It is their maiden IPL title.
iii.Sunrisers hyderabad defeated Royal Challengers Bangalore in the final match.
3. REAL MADRID GRABBED 2016 EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
i. Real Madrid won the 2016 European champions title.
ii. Real Madrid defeated Atletico Madrid
4. 29 MAY OBSERVED AS INTERNATIONAL DAY OF UNITED NATIONS PEACEKEEPERS
i. The International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers was observed on 29th May 2016 to honour the work of UN peacekeepers.
ii. The day is observed in the memory of the UN peacekeepers who have lost their lives in the cause of peace.
iii. The theme of the event is “Honouring Our Heroes”.
5. TRIAL RUN OF HIGH-SPEED SPANISH TALGO TRAIN CONDUCTED IN INDIA
i. Spanish train Talgo’s trial run was conducted on the Bareilly to Moradabad route of Uttar Pradesh.
ii. It was conducted as part of the Railways’ strategy to increase the speed of trains.
iii. The trail run was conducted by a joint team of the Railway Design Standards Organisation and Spanish train manufacturer Talgo.
iv. Spanish train Talgo is a lighter and faster vehicle with speed up to 115 km per hour.
v. Talgo's lighter trains consume 30 percent less energy.
6. CHINA TO LAUNCH WORLD'S 1ST QUANTUM SATELLITE
i. China is goping to launch the world's first quantum communication satellite.
ii It aims to improving the security of data transmission.
iii. The satellite will use quantum photons, which cannot be separated or duplicated, making the communication immune to wiretapping or interceptions.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. “SUNRISERS HYDERABAD” IS THE WINNER OF 8TH IPL TITLE. THIS TEAM HAS DEFEATED WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING TEAM?
a. Kolkata Knight Riders
b. Royal Challengers Bangalore
c. Kings IX Punjab
d. Chennai Super Kings
2. WHO HAS WON “2015 EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE”?
a. Real Madrid
b. Atletico Madrid
3. WHEN “INTERNATIONAL DAY OF UNITED NATIONS PEACEKEEPERS” IS OBSERVED?
a. 30th May
b. 31st May
c. 29th May
d. 28th May
4. WORLD’S 1ST QUANTUM SATELLITE IS BEING LAUNCHED BY____________?
c. Sri Lanka
5. WHO IS THE PRESENT DEFENCE MINISTER OF INDIA?
b. Manohar Parrikar
c. Sushma Swarj
d. None of these
1. B 2. A 3. C 4. D 5. B