DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. AZIM PREMJI AND SHIV NADAR IN FORBES LIST OF 100 RICHEST TECH TYCOONS
i. Wipro Chairman Azim Premji and HCL co-founder Shiv Nadar are the only two billionaires from India in Forbes' list of the world's 100 richest people in technology.
ii. The list has been topped by Microsoft founder Bill Gates.
iii. Azim Premji ranks 13th on the list and Shiv Nadar ranked on the 17th spot .
2. FINANCE MINISTER ARUN JAITLEY LAUNCHES DATA BANK PORTAL OF MSMES
i. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has launched a data bank Portal of micro, small and medium enterprises in New Delhi.
ii. The main aim of the portal is to gather information about micro, small and medium enterprises.
3. CBDT CONSTITUTES COMMITTEE TO REVIEW MEDIA POLICY
i. Central Board of Direct Taxes has constituted a new committee to "review" the existing media policy for communicating the activities of the board and the income tax department to the public.
ii. The 9 member committee will be headed by Mr. Gopal Mukherjee.
iii. Central board of direct taxes is a board which manages implementation of direct taxes.
4. MADHYA PRADESH AND PUDUCHERRY JOIN UDAY SCHEME
i. Madhya Pradesh and the UT of Puducherry have signed the memorandum of understanding with the Ministry of Power to join the Ujwal Discom Assurance scheme.
ii. After the joining of these state’s in Uday scheme the total number of states and union territories who a part of UDAY has increased to 16.
5. BHEL APPOINTS AKHIL JOSHI AS DIRECTOR
i. Bharat Heavy Electricals limited has appointed Akhil Joshi as the Director (Power).
ii. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited is a power plant equipment manufacturer and operates as an engineering and manufacturing company based in New Delhi, India.
6. SAINA NEHWAL IS THE BRAND AMBASSADOR FOR ITC'S SAVLON
i. ITC’s leading health & hygiene brand Savlon, has announced the name of ace shuttler- Saina Nehwal as its brand ambassador.
ii. In its new campaign, Savlon seeks to inspire parents to let go of their fears and encourage children to push their limits and maximize their potential to succeed in life.
7. INDIA'S ONLY WEIGHTLIFTER OUT OF RIO OLYMPICS
i. India's only weightlifter Sathish Sivalingam was ousted from the men's 77 kg weightlifting event at Rio olympic .
ii. Satish inished fourth in his group after lifting 329 kg, as against his group's best lift of 346 kg.
iii. He had earlier won the gold medal in the same category at the 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO HEADS THE COMMITTEE OF CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES (CBDT)?
a. Mr. Gopal Mukherjee
b. Mr. Kanha Chaturvedi
c. Mr. Narayan Mukherjee
d. Mr. Gopal Chaterjee
2. RECENTLY, WHICH UNION TERRITORY HAS SIGNED MOU WITH MINISTRY OF POWER TO JOIN UDAY SCHEME?
a. Daman & Diu
c. Dadara & Nagar Haveli
3. IEAK, AN INTERNATIONAL LEADER IN FURNITURE MARKET IS A COMPANY OF WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES?
4. IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING CITIES OF INDIA , IEAK IS GOING TO OPEN ITS FIRST STORE?
5. NAME THE NEW BRAND AMBASSADOR OF ITC’S SAVLON ?
a. Sania Nehwal
b. Sania Mirza
c. Mary Kom
d. Vidya Balan
6. NAME THE RECENTLY APPOINTED DIRECTOR OF BHEL?
a. Raman Joshi
b. Ranjan Joshi
c. Mohan Joshi
d. Akhil Joshi
1) A 2) D 3) C 4) B 5) A 6) D