Wednesday, September 7, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ – 5,6 SEPTEMBER
1. Who was recently appointed the Wrestling Director of the Rohtak University?
a) Vinesh Phogat
b) Sakshi Malik
c) Sushil Kumar
d) Yogeshwar Dutt
2. Which Indian Olympic gold medallist announced his retirement recently?
a) Vijender Singh
b) Saina Nehwal
c) Abhinav Bindra
d) Mary Kom
3. International Day of Charity observed on?
a) 5 September
b) 30 October
c) 16 November
d) 29 August
4. Who won the mixed doubles of 2016 Brazil Open Grand Prix?
a) Pranaav Jerry Chopra and Pradnya Gadre
b) Pranaav Jerry Chopra and Sikki Reddy
c) Manu Attri and Pradnya Gadre
d) Tarun Kona and Sikki Reddy
5. Which Indian organisation won the 2016 UNESCO Confucius Prize for Literacy?
a) Center for Knowledge Assistance and Community Development
b) Kha Ri Gude Mass Literacy Campaign
c) Directorate of Literacy and National Languages
d) Jan Shikshan Sansthan
6. Which city hosting the 28th ASEAN Summit?
a) Jakarta, Indonesia
b) Vientiane, Laos
c) Phnom Penh, Cambodia
d) Hanoi, Vietnam
7. E-stamping facility launched by which high court of India?
a) Andhra Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
8. Which country was recently declared malaria-free by the World Health Organisation?
d) Sri Lanka
9. The 2016 G20 Summit was recently concluded in which city?
10. Urjit Patel recently assumed charge as the Governor of the Reserve Bank of India. He is RBI’s?
a) 24th Governor
b) 22nd Governor
c) 23rd Governor
d) 26th Governor
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ – 3,4 SEPTEMBER
1. Who is the Action movie star, writer, director that is to be given an honorary Oscar for his extraordinary achievements in the movies?
a) Jet Li
b) Jackie Chan
c) Chris Tucker
d) Bradley Cooper
2. With which country India signed an agreement on Maritime Transport in September 2016?
3. Who was recently appointed the Knight of the National Order of the French Legion of Honour for contribution to biosciences and research?
a) Kiran Mazumdar Shaw
b) Todd Yeates
c) Melvin Konner
d) None of the above
4. What is the official name of the virus that affects cattle?
a) Influenza Z
b) Influenza A
c) Influenza B
d) Influenza D
5. Who was recently appointed as the Chief Finance Officer of FIFA?
a) Gill David
b) Thomas Peyer
c) Thomas Bach
d) Hayatou Issa
6. How much amount the Union Government recently notified for the National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme?
a) 20000 crore rupees
b) 100 crore rupees
c) 10000 crore rupees
d) 1000 crore rupees
7. Who is the author of the book titled Munnu: A Boy from Kashmir?
a) Subhash Kak
b) Agha Shahid Ali
c) Mirza Waheed
d) Malik Sajad
8. Which species of great apes has been recently declared as Critically Endangered by the International Union for Conservation of Nature?
a) Eastern Gorilla
c) Mountain Gorilla
9. Mother Teresa was recently proclaimed a Saint by Pope Francis in a ceremony at the Vatican. In which year she was beatified, a first step towards canonisation,?
10. Who won the 2016 Italian Grand Prix?
a) Daniel Ricciardo
b) Nico Rosberg
c) Lewis Hamilton
d) Sebastian Vettel
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 06 SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. MOTHER TERESA DECLARED SAINT BY POPE FRANCIS IN VATICAN CITY
i. Mother Teresahas been declared as a saint by Pope Francis in Vatican City.
ii. It is declared on her 19th death anniversary.
iii. Now she will be declared as Saint Teresa of Calcutta.
2. GUMTHALA GARHU BECOMES FIRST WIFI HOTSPOT VILLAGE IN HARYANA
i. Gumthala Garhu in Kurukshetra district has became the first Wifi hotspot village in Haryana .
ii. It has been declared under bulk plan of BSNL.
iii. BSNL has created history by taking initiative of providing Wifi service in the villages, which earlier were available in cities only.
3. SERENA WILLIAMS SETS WOMEN'S RECORD OF 307 VICTORIES IN GRAND SLAMS
i. World number one Serena Williams has created history by setting a record of most number of Grand Slam matches wins by a woman in the Open era.
ii. In the US Open she defeated Johanna Larsson of Sweden.
iii. She become the most successful woman in the Open Era.
4. 5 SEPTEMBER DECLARED AS NATIONAL TEACHERS DAY
i. Every year on 5th September is being observed as National Teachers Day in India.
ii. The day commemorates the birthday of India’s first Vice President and second President Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan since 1962.
5. UNION GOVERNMENT APPROVES USE OF CHILLI-BASED PAVA SHELLS AS ALTERNATIVE TO PELLET GUNS
i. The Union Ministry of Home Affairs has approved the use of Pelargonic Acid Vanillyl Amide shells as an alternative to pellet guns for crowd controlling in Jammu and Kashmir.
ii. PAVA sheels also called Nonivamide are chilli-filled grenades.
iii. They are less lethal compared to pellet guns and immobilises the target temporarily rather than causing physical injury.
iv. It causes severe irritation and paralyses for a short duration It is considered to be bio-safe and less lethal than pellet guns but equally effective.
6. KIRAN MAZUMDAR SHAW APPOINTED KNIGHT OF THE NATIONAL ORDER OF THE FRENCH LEGION OF HONOUR
i. Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Chairperson and Managing Director of Biocon Limited appointed Chevalier de l'Ordre National de la Légion d'Honneur .
ii. The award is known as Knight of the National Order of the French Legion of Honour.
iii. She has been honoured for her contribution to biosciences and research.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. GUMTHALA GARHU VILLAGE IS IN WHICH STATE?
d. Himachal Pradesh
2. WHO HAS SET THE RECORD OF 307 VICTORIES IN GRAND SLAMS AMONG WOMEN TENNIS PLAYERS?
a. Martinga Hingis
b. Sania Mirza
c. Serena Williams
d. Marina Sharapova
3. DR. SARVEPALLI WAS THE ___________.
a. 1st Vice President Of India
b. 2nd President of India
c. 2nd Prime Minister of India
d. Both A & B
4. CHILLI BASED- PAVA SHELL IS AN ALTERNATIVE TO WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING?
a. Zillet Gun
c. Tear Gas
d. Pellet Gun
5. NAME THE COMPANY WHICH HAS PROVIDED WIFI SERVICE IN THE VILLAGE GUMTHALA GARHU OF HARYANA?
d. Tata Docomo
1. A 2. C 3. D 4. D 5. B
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 05 SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. MAHARASHTRA GOVERNOR SWORN IN AS TAMIL NADU'S ACTING GOVERNOR
i. Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao Governor of Maharashtra,has sworn in as the acting Governor of Tamil Nadu.
ii. Rao was administered the oath of office by the Madras High Court's Chief Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul at the Raj Bhavan, Chennai.
2. CHINA RATIFIES PARIS GLOBAL CLIMATE AGREEMENT
i. China has ratified the Paris global climate agreement.
ii. China and the US are expected to announce ratification jointly before or at the weekend's G20 Hangzhou Summit.
iii. China is the world's largest emitter of harmful carbon emissions causing climate change.
3. G-20 SUMMIT 2016 START IN CHINESE CITY OF HANGZHOU
i. Two-day G-20 Summit of the world's major economies will start in the Chinese city of Hangzhou.
ii. The main aim of the summit is to discuss efforts to reform global economic governance.
iii. The theme of the summit is toward an Innovative, Invigorated, Interconnected and Inclusive World Economy.
4. PM ANNOUNCES RS 200 CR FOR SPORTS IN J&K
i. PM Narendra modi has announced a fund of RS 200 cr to engage youth of Jammu & Kashmir in constructive sporting activities.
ii. The package provides for construction of indoor sporting halls in all districts of the State with a view to provide playing facilities to youth during long winter in the state.
5. ZAHEER KHAN GETS MCC'S HONORARY LIFE MEMBERSHIP
i. Zaheer Khan, former India pacer has been inducted as an Honorary Life Member of the Marylebone Cricket Club .
ii. He is the third Indian player to receive the distinction this year after Virender Sehwag and Anjum Chopra.
6. WORLD'S FIRST MADE-IN-INDIA LEPROSY VACCINE OUT ON PILOT BASIS
i. The Indian Institute of Immunology in New Delhi has developed mycobacterium indicus pranii an exclusive and completely domestic vaccine for leprosy.
ii. Leprosy affects around 1.25 lakhs people in India annually.
iii. Leprosy is also known as Hansen's disease.
iv. It is a long term infection caused without infection symptoms.
7. JACKIE CHAN TO RECEIVE LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT OSCAR
i. Martial arts expert and actor Jackie Chan will receive a lifetime achievement Oscar.
ii. The announcement was made by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
iii. He made his movie debut at the age of 8.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. THE ACTING GOVERNOR OF TAMIL NADU IS GOVERNOR OF WHICH STATE?
c. Andhra Pradesh
2. G-20 SUMMIT 2016 WILL HELD IN WHICH COUNTRY?
d. Sri Lanka
3. WHO WILL RECEIVE LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT OSCAR AWARD ?
a. Jackie Chan
c. Amitabh Bachaan
d. Dilip Kumar
4. WHICH COUNTRY HAS RATIFIED PARIS GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE AGREEMENT?
1. A 2. B 3. A 4. D
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 ST MAR 2017 (DAILY NEWS INDIA) SHARED BY: WWW.DAILYGK.IN 1. GOVERNMENT APPROVES SOLAR ENERGY SCHEME FO...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 25 TH MAR 2017 (DAILY NEWS INDIA) SHARED BY: WWW.DAILYGK.IN 1. 18TH EDITION OF ASIA’S LARGEST CONVENTION ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 23 RD MAR 2017 (DAILY NEWS INDIA) SHARED BY: WWW.DAILYGK.IN 1. CENTRE APPROVES OVER 1.17 LAKH MORE HOUSES...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 24 TH MAR 2017 (DAILY NEWS INDIA) SHARED BY: WWW.DAILYGK.IN 1. CABINET APPROVALS ON MARCH 22, 2017 i. ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 22 TH MAR 2017 (DAILY NEWS INDIA) SHARED BY: WWW.DAILYGK.IN 1. GOVERNMENT SET TO LAUNCH INDIA’S FIRST SIGN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR QUIZ – 21 & 22 MARCH 1. HOW MANY INDIAN HAS BEEN NAMED IN THE 2017 WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM’S 100 YOUNG GLOBAL LE...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR QUIZ – 23 & 24 MARCH 1. WHAT IS THE THEME OF THE 2017 WORLD WATER DAY? a) Why Waste Water? b) Water and S...
In this post we are going to share previous Year question papers High Court Question papers. Below we share the pdf file links which conta...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH MAR 2017 (DAILY NEWS INDIA) SHARED BY: WWW.DAILYGK.IN 1. 2017 INTERNATIONAL BUDDHIST CONFERENCE HELD...
Here we are going to share IBPS PO Mains booster. This is very important file for all the candidates who are preparing for Bank Exams. T...