DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ – 3 OCTOBER
1. Rrecently who has been elected as the President of Indian Statistical Institute?
a) Mahesh Sharma
b) M S Sahoo
c) R C Lahoti
d) Vijay Kelkar
2. Recently who was appointed as the Chairman of Press Trust of India?
a) Riyadh Mathew
b) Viveck Goenka
c) Vineet Jain
d) Hormusji N Cama
3. Which of the following services was not launched by the Railways Ministry recently?
a) Policy giving preference to local domicile holders for commercial licenses at stations
b) Policy giving complementary tickets to Women
c) New system of allocating vacant berths after final charting to wayside stations
d) Liberalised station to station special freight rates policy
4. What is the theme of the International Translation Day 2016?
a) Language Rights: Essential to All Human Rights
b) The changing face of translation and interpreting
c) Translation as Intercultural Communication
d) Translation and Interpreting: Connecting Worlds
5. Which airports was awarded the Best Tourist Friendly Airport under the category for State Annual Excellence Awards by Andhra Pradesh Tourism?
a) Visakhapatnam Airport
b) Vijayawada Airport
c) Rajahmundry Airport
d) Tirupati Airport