GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS
AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS
Zahir-ud-din Muhammad Babur (1526 – 1530):
· Defeated Ibrahim Lodi at Panipat in 1526 and founded the Mughal Empire in India.
· He was a descendant of Timur on his father’s side and of Chengiz Khan on the side of his mother.
· On the death of his father Umar Shaikh Mirza, Babur inherited the ancestral kingdom of Farghana in 1494 and invaded India five times. The first real expedition took place in 1519 when he captured Bhera, and he fifth was the defeat of Ibrahim Lodi the first battle of Panopat in April 1526.
· He defeated Raja of Mewar, Sangram Singh or Rana Sanga, in battle that took place 1527 at Khanwa.
· In 1528, he captured Chanderi from a Rajput Chief Medini Rai and a year later he defeated the Afghan chiefs under Mahmud Lodi in the battle of Ghaghra in Bihar.
· In 1530, he died at Agra. His tomb is at Lahore (The tomb of only two Mughal emperors are outside India i.e. Babur and Bahadur Shah Zafar).
· His autobiography, Tuzuk-i-Baburi or Baburnamah, which he wrote in his mother-tongue Turki gave detail account of his reign.