Choose Your Language

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 14TH FEB 2017

DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 14TH FEB 2017
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN

1. GNFC TOWNSHIP BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS TOWNSHIP
i. India’s first cashless township “Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers and Chemicals township” was inaugurated by Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani.
ii. Nearly 10,000 residents in GNFC have embraced various digital modes of payments instead of cash.
iii. In the township, residents are making cashless payments at shopping centers, colleges, schools, hospital, stadium, laundry and even at tea stalls.

2. INDIA’S FIRST FLOATING ELEMENTARY SCHOOL INAUGURATED ON MANIPUR’S LOKTAK LAKE
i. India’s 1st floating elementary school particularly for drop outs has been inaugurated on Loktak lake at Langolsabi Leikai of Champu Khangpok floating village in Manipur on the occasion of World Wetlands Day.
ii. The school named as Loktak Elementary Floating School has been opened under a floating elementary school initiative of All Loktak Lake Fishermen’s Union, Manipur with the support of NGO, People’s Resources Development Association under a programme of Action Aid India.
iii. The school will not only cater to the need of the children but for the illiterate adults as well. The newly-inaugurated school in the floating village is currently providing education to around 40 children from Class I-III by engaging two local teachers.
vi. PRDA will pay the volunteers under the project called ‘Empowering vulnerable local communities for sustainable development’, which is funded by Action Aid India.

3. NATIONAL CAREER SERVICES AND JEEVAN PRAMAN FACILITY FOR EPFO PENSIONERS LAUNCHED IN HYDERABAD POST OFFICE
i. Bandaru Dattatreya, The Union Minister of State for Labour and Employment has launched the National Career Service for youths and Life Certificate facility to EPFO pensioners through Post Offices at DakSadan in Hyderabad.
ii. The PO will serve as an Employment Registration Centres for Unemployed rural youth on behalf of the “National Career Service” Portal where youths can register themselves for employment in 1,55,000 post offices established across the country for over 3000 occupations offered under 52 sectors in NCS.
iii. The centre aims to provide employment to 5 crore people over next five years.
iv. The EPFO pensioners can also submit their Digital Life Certificate through the Head Post Offices. This will also benefit the EPFO pensioners to avail the facility at their doorstep.

4. GOVERNMENT TO LAUNCH INDRADHANUSH 2.0 FOR RECAPITALIZATION OF PSBS
i. Union Government has decided to launch ‘Indradhanush 2.0’ for recapitalization of public sector lenders so that the banks remain solvent and fully comply with the global capital adequacy norms namely Basel-III.
ii. Indradhanush 2.0 programme will be finalised by Reserve Bank of India after completion of Asset Quality Review being undertaken and is likely to be completed by end of March 2017.
iii. AQR (Asset Quality Review) is being undertaken to recognize the top defaulting accounts as Non-Performing Assets and make adequate provisions for them as they have negative impact on banks and their stocks.

5. L&T AND MBDA MISSILE SYSTEMS FORMS JV TO DEVELOP MISSILES IN INDIA
i .Larsen & Toubro Limited, an Engineering and construction major has entered into a Joint Venture with European defence major MBDA Missile Systems.
ii. The main aim of the JV is development of missiles in India under the Make in India initiative while procuring the missile systems from abroad.
iii. As per the agreement, L&T will own 51% stake in the JV named L&T MBDA Missile Systems while the rest 49% the European partner.
iv. L&T is targeting an annual turnover of Rs 10,000 cr from the JV by 2021.
v. The JV will aim to develop and supply fifth generation anti-tank guided missiles, missiles for coastal batteries and high speed target drones.

Popular Posts