Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs DAILY GK UPDATE Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 MAY 2016
Thursday, May 12, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. RBI TO ISSUE RS. 1000 BANKNOTES WITH INSERT LETTER 'R'
i.Reserve Bank Of India will be going to issue rupees 1,000 denomination bank notes in the Mahatma Gandhi Series of 2005 with the insert letter of 'R' in both the number panels.
ii. The banknotes will also have the other security features, including ascending size of numerals, bleed lines ,identification mark and the signature of RBI governer Dr. Raghuram G. Rajan.
iii. These banknotes will also have the year of printing '2016' printed on the reverse.
GOVERNOROF RESERVE BANK OF INDIA: RAGHURAM RAJAN
2. 100% FDI THROUGH AUTOMATIC ROUTE PERMITTED IN ASSET RECONSTRUCTION COMPANIES
i. The Union Ministry of Commerce & Industry has allowed 100 per cent foreign direct investment in asset reconstruction companies under the automatic route.
ii. Earlier FDI was allowed under automatic route up to 49 per cent
iii.Now it is approved upto 100 %.
iii. Foreign Institutional Investors and foreign portfolio investors have also been permitted to invest up to 100 %.
3. MRUGANK PARANJAPE TOOK CHARGE AS MD AND CEO OF MULTI COMMODITY EXCHANGE
i. Mrugank Paranjape has been appointed as managing director and chief executive officer of Multi Commodity Exchange country’s largest commodity exchange.
ii. He has been appointed for a period of 3 years.
4. MAY 11 OBSERVED AS NATIONAL TECHNOLOGY DAY
i. National Technology Day is being observed across India on May 11th.
ii.The day is observed to glorify the importance of science in day-to-day life and motivate students to adopt science as a career option.
iii.The Themeof the day is ‘Technology enablers of Startup India’.
iv.The day is observed to celebrate the anniversary of first of the Operation Shakti under which nuclear test was held on 11 May 1998 in Pokhran, Rajasthan.
5. RAJYA SABHA PASSES THE INSOLVENCY AND BANKRUPTCY CODE BILL 2016
i. The Rajya Sabha passed the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code Bill 2016.
ii.The bill will help in improving India’s ranking in the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business index.
iii.The Bill is based on the recommendations of the Joint Parliamentary Committee on the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2015 .
iv.The committee is chaired by Bhupender Yadav.
v.Major Highlights of the Bill
a. Insolvency resolution: The Code creates time-bound processes for insolvency resolution of companies and individuals. These processes will be completed within 180 days. If insolvency cannot be resolved, the assets of the borrowers may be sold to repay creditors.
b. Information Utilities: Information utilities will be established to collect, collate and disseminate financial information to facilitate insolvency resolution.
c. NCLT: The National Company Law Tribunal will adjudicate insolvency resolution for companies.
d. DRT: The Debt Recovery Tribunal will adjudicate insolvency resolution for individuals.
e. Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board: The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India will be set up to regulate functioning of IPs, IPAs and IUs.
6. INDIAN-AMERICAN REVATHI BALAKRISHNAN NAMED AS 2016 TEXAS ELEMENTARY TEACHER OF THE YEAR
i. Indian-American elementary teacher, Revathi Balakrishnan was honoured by US President Barack Obama at the White House.
ii. She was named as 2016 Texas Elementary Teacher of the Year.
iii.She received the honour for her excellent work in the field of education at Patsy Sommer Elementary School in Texas.
7. MP TOURISM WINS BEST INDIAN DESTINATION FOR WILDLIFE AWARD
i. Madhya Pradesh Tourism received the Best Indian Destination for Wildlife Award from the Lonely Planet Group in Mumbai.
ii.Wildlife in Madhya Pradesh state has the total forest cover of M.P. is 24.79% of the land area.
iii. Madhya Pradesh has 25 wild life sanctuaries including nine National Parks.
iv. The state has also launched number of programmes for the conservation of flora and fauna.
v. Two national parks of Madhya pardesh Kanha and Pench were regarded as the most beautiful national parks in Asia.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING LETTER IS INSERTED IN THE RS.1000 BANK NOTES?
2. WHO HAS BEEN APPOINTED AS NEW MD AND CEO OF ‘MULTI COMMODITY EXCHANGE ‘?
a. Mrugank Paranjape
3. NAME THE PERSON WHO HAS BEEN NAMED AS ‘2016 TEXAS ELEMENTARY TEACHER OF THE YEAR’?
a. Revathi Balakrishnan
c. Mukesh kumar
4. WHICH STATE HAS WON BEST ‘INDIAN DESTINATION FOR WILD LIFE AWARD’?
5. WHO IS THE PRESENT CHIEF MINISTER OF MADHYA PARDESH?
b.Shivraj singh chouhan
1.b 2.a 3.a 4.b 5.b
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 25 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. BANK DEPOSITS WITH RBI HIT RECORD HIGH AFTE...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN