Monday, October 24, 2016
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS
AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS
Khilji Dynasty (1290 - 1320)
The Khiljis had a Turkish-Afghan origin. AlauddinKhilji (1296-1316 AD) was a prominent Khilji ruler.
Jallauddin Khalji(1290 – 96 AD)
· Jalaluddin Khilji founded the Khilji dynasty.
· He was a liberal ruler and adopted the policy of religious toleration.
· In order to win the goodwill of the Mongols, the sultan married one of his daughters to the Mongol leader Ulugh Khan, a descendent of Chengiz Khan.
· One of the most important events of Jalaluddin’s reign was the invasion of Devagiri, the capital of the Yadava kingdom in the Deccan, by Ali Gurshasp (later sultan Allaudin Khilji), the nephew and son – in – law of the sultan, and the governor of the Kara. After his successful campaign to Devagiri in 1296, Ali Gurshasp invited the sultan to come to Kara, to receive the enormous wealth brought from the Deccan as present. Jalaluddin came to Kara in 1296, where he was murdered by Ali Gurshasp, who proclaimed the sultan with the title of Allahuddin.
Allauddin Khalji(1296 – 1316 AD)
· He was the first Turkish Sultan of Delhi who separated religion from politics.
· He proclaimed Kingship knows no Kinship.
· First ruler among the Delhi Sultans who didn’t ask for Mansur (letter of investiture) from the Caliph but called himself the deputy of Caliph.
· He adopted the title Sikander – e – Sani or the second Alexander.
· He annexed Gujarat (1298), Ranthambhor (1301), Mewar (1303), Malwa (1305), Jalor (1311).
· In Deccan, Aluddin‘s army led by Malik Kafur defeated Ram Chandra (Yadava ruler of Devagiri), Pratap Rudradeva (Kakatiya ruler of Warangal), Vir Ballal III (Hoyasala ruler of Dwarsamudra) and Vir Pandya (Pandya ruler of Madurai).
· Malik Kafur was awarded the title Malik Naib.
· In order to avoid the problems created by the nobles, Alauddin issued 4 ordinances:
o Confiscation of the religious endowments and free grants of lands.
o Reorganized the spy system.
o Prohibited the use of wine.
o Nobles should not have convivial parties and they should not inter-marry without his permission.
· He introduced the system of Dagh (the branding of horse) and Chehra (descriptive roll of soldiers).
· The post of special officer called Mustakharaj was created for the purpose of collection of revenue.
· All goods for sale were brought to an open market called Sarai Adal.
· Many forts were built by him and the most important of them was Alai fort. He also constructed the Alai Darwaja, the entrance gate of Qutub Minar. He also built the Palace of thousand Pillars called Hazar Sutun.
· Amir Khusrau, the poet musician, was his favorite court poet.
· Alauddin appointed his trusted commanders, including Ghazi Malik (later known as sultan Giyasuddin Tuglaq), as warden to the North-western marches.
· In 1316, after death of Alauddin, Malik Kafur seized the throne.
· Before Kafur died, he nominated Shihabuddin (Alauddin‘s 6 year old prince) as King but imprisoned eldest prince Mubarak Khan.
Shiabuddin Umar (1316)
· He was the minor son of Jhitaipali who was raised to throne after the death of Allauddin.
· He became victim of the court politics and was later blinded.
Mubarak Khalji (1316 - 20)
· He released 18,000 prisoners
· He reversed all the administrative and market reforms of Allauddin Khalji.
· During his time Devgiri was annexed.
Sunday, October 23, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21TH OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HANSDA SOWVENDRA SHEKHAR
i. The book titled The Adivasi Will Not Dance, penned by Hansda Sowvendra Shekhar is releaed.
ii. The characters of the book are set in the fecund, mineral-rich hinterland and the ever-expanding, squalid towns of Jharkhand.
iii. Hansda Sowvendra Shekhar is a medical officer with the Government of Jharkhand.
2. SEBI RE-CONSTITUTES PANEL ON DISCLOSURE, ACCOUNTING STANDARDS.
i. SEBI has re-constituted its committee which advises the regulator on issues related to disclosure requirements and accounting practices for various entities in the securities market.
ii. The Committee will be chaired by Tata Sons Director Ishaat Hussain.
iii. The expert panel also includes representatives from Sebi, Finance Ministry and Corporate Affairs Ministry.
3. INDIA RANKED BEST IN FIFA RANKINGS IN 6 YEARS
i. The Indian football team ranked 137th from 148 in the latest FIFA ranking in over six years after India defeated Puerto Rico in an International Friendly in Mumbai lat month.
ii. India were ranked 137th in 2010 which stayed India’s best ever FIFA Ranking.
4. BOOK ON VIRAT KOHLI TITLED ‘DRIVEN: THE VIRAT KOHLI STORY’ LAUNCHED
i. The book on Virat Kohli named' Driven: The Virat Kohli Story' launched.
ii. The book was authored by senior journalist Vijay Lokapally.
iii. The book celebrates the career of Virat Kohli and introduces readers to the man not known to many.
Friday, October 21, 2016
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS
AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS
1206 – 1526 AD
Rise of Delhi Sultanate:
Muizuddin Mohd. Ghori, the last Turkish conqueror of north India, defeated Prithviraj Chauhan, the Chauhan ruler of Ajmer, Delhi and parts of the Punjab, in the second battle of Tarain in 1192 and occupied his vast territory up to Delhi. He also defeated the Gahadavala ruler Jai Chandra, the ruler of Kannauj, in the battle of Chandawar in 1194, capturing his territory up to Varanasi. Mohd. Bin Bakhtiyar Khalji, one of the commanders of Mohd Ghori conquered Bihar from the later Palas in 1197 and Bengal from the last Sena ruler Lakshaman Sena in 1199. Muizuddin Mohd. Ghori had no sons. He didn’t nominate any particular one as his successor. Mohd. Ghori’s sudden death in 1206 resulted in a scramble for supremacy among his three important generals – Qutbuddin Aibak (a viceroy of Mohd. Ghori and commander of his army in India), Tajuddin Yalduz (ruled Karman and Sankuran between Afghanistan and Sind), and Nasiruddin Qubacha (held Uchh). The assumption of sovereign powers by Qutubuddin Aibak in 1206 is regarded as the foundation of the Sultanate of Delhi and the first ruling dynasty of the sultanate.
There were 5 dynasties during Delhi Sultanate period (1206 – 1526 AD):
· Mamluk dynasty (12061290)
· Khilji dynasty (12901320)
· Tughlaq dynasty (13201413)
· Sayyid dynasty (14141451)
· Lodi dynasty (14511526)
Mamluk Dynasty 1206 – 1290 AD
Mamluk Dynasty is commonly known as the Slave Dynasty (Also called as ‘the early turk’, and ‘the ilbari’). Mamulks had a Turkish origin. It was the first dynasty of the Delhi Sultanate. Mamluk Dynasty was established by Qutubuddin Aibak who was a slave and general of Muhammad Ghori. Aibak took control of Ghori’s territories in the Indian region after his death.
Important rulers of the Mamluk dynasty:
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20TH OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S ATHLETES' COMMISSION
I. Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal has been appointed as a member of the International Olympic
Committee’s Athletes’ Commission.
II. Saina received a letter from the IOC President Thomas Bach.
III. The IOC Athletes' Commission is a body maintained by the International Olympic Committee for the purpose of representing athletes.
2. PM MODI LAUNCHES NATIONAL HUB FOR SC/ST ENTREPRENEURS IN LUDHIANA
I. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched national Schedule Castes/Schedule Tribes hub in Ludhiana.
II. The SC/ST hub aims to facilitate technology knowhow to reserved categories and increasing procurement by public and government units from SC/ST industrial units from existing 0.4% to 4%.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 19TH OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
1. BCCI PRESIDENT ANURAG THAKUR APPIONTEED MEMBER OF POWERFUL ICC SUB-COMMITTEE
i. BCCI president Anurag Thakur has taken charge as the member of the ICC’s powerful Finance and Commercial Affairs committee.
ii. Anurag Singh Thakur is a member of Lok Sabha from Hamirpur in Himachal Pradesh.
2. KASHMIRI RED STAG TO BE DECLARED AS 'CRITICALLY ENDANGERED'
i. Kashmir red Stag popularly known as Hangul is on the verge of extinction.
ii. The International Union for Conservation of Nature is all set to declare it a ‘critically endangered’ species to protect this beautiful animal from disappearing from the earth.
iii. It is found in high valleys and mountains of the Kashmir Valley and northern Chamba district in Himachal Pradesh.
iv. It is state animal of jammu and Kashmir.
3. NAVDEEP SURI TO BE INDIA’S NEW ENVOY TO UAE
i. Senior diplomat Navdeep Singh Suri has been appointed Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates.
ii. He is currently serving as Indian High Commissioner in Canberra.
4. SANJAY SINGH APPOINTED MEMBER-SECRETARY IN LAW COMMISSION
i. Former legislative secretary Sanjay Singh has been appointed as Member Secretary, Law Commission of India.
ii. President Pranab Mukherjee has appointed Singh to the post for a period up to August 31, 2018.
President of Law commission: Balbir singh chouhan
5. BRICS AGREES TO SET UP CREDIT RATING AGENCY
i. The BRICS has agreed to set up an independent BRICS Rating Agency in its efforts to challenge the western hegemony in the world of finance.
ii. A credit rating agency is a company that assigns credit ratings, which rate a debtor's ability to pay back debt by making timely interest payments.
6. NOVAK DJOKOVIC RETAINS TOP SPOT IN ATP RANKINGS
i. Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic retained the top spot in the Association of Tennis Professionals rankings.
ii. He is considered one of the greatest tennis players of all time.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO IS APPOINTED AS THE NEW ENVOY TO UAE FROM INDIA?
a. Navdeep Singh Suri
b. Gurjot Singh Suri
c. Jagdeep Gill
d. Jasdeep Singh
2. NAME THE TENNIS PLAYER WHO RETAINS TOP SPOT IN ATP RANKINGS?
a. Andy Murray
b. Novak Djokovic
c. Leander Peas
d. None of these
3. WHO HAS APPOINTED MR. SANJAY SINGH AS THE MEMBER SECRETARY, LAW COMMISSION OF INDIA?
a. The Prime Minister
b. Chief Justice of India
c. The President
d. All of the above
4. WHICH COUNTRY HAS HOSTED THE 8TH BRICS SUMMIT, 2016?
5. THE BCCI PRESIDENT ANURAG THAKUR IS A LOK SABHA MEMBER FROM WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING PROVINCES?
a. Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh
b. Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
c. Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh
d. Kangara, Himachal Pradesh
1. A 2. B 3. C 4. D 5. A
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –19,20 OCTOBER
1. Which country's Cricket team recently became the world first team to play 900 ODIs?
b) Sri Lanka
c) South Africa
2. Which manned spacecraft of China was launched carrying two astronauts in October 2016?
a) Long March-2F
3. Which actor will be awarded with the 44th Chaplin Award for the year 2016 by Film Society of Lincoln Center?
a) Robert Downey Jr.
b) Robert De Niro
c) Morgan Freeman
d) Arnold Schwarzenegger
4. Which country won the first BRICS U-17 football tournament?
d) South Africa
5. Who was appointed as member of IOC's Athletes' Commission?
a) Pullela Gopichand
b) Saina Nehwal
c) Sania Mirza
d) PV Sindhu
6. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the national SC/ST hub and zero effect on environment scheme for MSME sector in?
a) Jaipur, Rajasthan
b) Pune, Maharashtra
c) Ludhiana, Punjab
d) None of the above
7. Which company recently launched India’s first indigenous electric bus?
a) Mahindra & Mahindra
b) Hindustan Motors
c) Ashok Leyland
d) Tata Motors
8. India completed its nuclear triad by inducting which of the following submarine into service?
a) INS Aridhaman
b) INS Chakra
c) INS Shishumar
d) INS Arihant
9. Who was appointed as India's Ambassador to UN Conference on Disarmament, Geneva recently?
a) Kirtiraj Kundlik Gaikwad
b) Amandeep Singh Gill
c) Neeraj Goyat
d) Ajay Kumar Bhalla
10. As per World Economic Forum 2016 report which country is the safest place in the world?
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file click on the link below. The Link contain the PDF file related to the Memory based problems.
To Access CLICK HERE
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN