Monday, March 28, 2016
QUANT QUIZ-19 BASED ON
PIPE AND CISTERN
1. A cistern has 3 pipes, A, B and C .A and B can fill it in 2 and 3 hrs. respectively. C is a waste pipe. If all the 3 pipes be opened at once, 7/24 of the cistern will be filled up in 30 minutes. In what time can C empty the full cistern:
a. 3 hr
b. 4 hr
c. 5 hr
d. 6 hr
2. In what time would a cistern be filled by three pipes whose diameters are 1 cm, 2 cm, 3 cm running together, when the largest alone fill it in 42 minutes, the amount of water flowing in by each pipe being proportional to the square of its diameter:
a. 27 min
b. 36 min
c. 18 min
d. 24 min
3. In what time would a cistern be filled by three pipes whose diameters are 1 cm, 2 cm, 4 cm running together, when the largest alone fill it in
hrs, the amount of water flowing in by each
pipe being proportional to the square of its diameter:
a. 38 min
b. 42 min
c. 44 min
d. 48 min
4. A cistern can be filled by two pipes in 30 and 40 minutes respectively. Both the pipes were opened at once, but after some time the first was shut up, and the cistern was filled in 10 minutes more. How long after the pipes had been opened was the pipe shut up:
a. 90/11 min
b. 90/7 min
c. 90/13 min
d. 45/2 min
5. Two pipes can fill a cistern in 30 and 15 hrs respectively. The pipes are opened simultaneously and it is found that due to leakage in the bottom, 5 hrs extra are taken for the cistern to be filled up. If the cistern is full, in what time would the leak empty it:
a. 60 hrs
b. 45 hrs
c. 35 hrs
d. 30 hrs
6. There are 10 filling pipes each capable of filling a cistern alone in 6 minutes and 6 emptying pipes each capable of emptying a cistern alone in 8 minutes. All pipes are opened together and as a result , tank fills 22 lts of water per minute. Find the capacity of the tank.
a. 48 lts
b. 36 lts
c. 24 lts
d. 16 lts
7. A cistern has a leak which would empty it in 8 hrs. A tap is turned on which admits 4 lts per minute into the cistern, and it is now emptied in 16 hrs. How many lts does the cistern hold:
a. 3840 lts
b. 2840 lts
c. 3880 lts
d. none of these
8. One filling pipe A is 6 times faster than second filling pipe B. If A can fill a cistern in 28 minutes, then find the time when the cistern will be full if both fill pipes are opened together.
a. 20 min
b. 24 min
c. 18 min
d. 12 min
9. One fill pipe A takes 4 minutes more to fill the cistern than two fill pipes A and B opened together to fill it. Second fill pipe B takes 9 minutes more to fill cistern than two fill pipes A and B opened together to fill it. When will the cistern be full if both pipes are opened simultaneously.
a. 4 min
b. 6 min
c. 5 min
d. none of these
10. Two fill pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 12 and 16 minutes respectively. Both fill pipes are opened together, but 4 minutes before the cistern is full, one pipe A, is closed. How much time will the cistern take to fill.
a. 9/1/7 min
b. 8/1/7 min
c. 9/2/7 min
d. none of these
1.B, 2.A, 3.D, 4.B, 5.D, 6.C, 7.A, 8.B, 9.B, 10.A,
For Full Explanation Of Each Question CLICKHERE
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –23,24 OCTOBER 1. Which city recently bestowed honorary citizenship on Dalai Lama? a) Venice b)...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 24 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. PM LAUNCHES #SANDESH2SOLDIERS CAMPAIGN i...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN