DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 9 AUG 2015
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIA SOCIO BIOLOGIST RAGHAVENDRA GADAGKAR AWARDED GERMANY’S HIGHEST CIVILIAN AWARD
i. Raghavendra Gadagkar Indian Sociobiologist honoured with Germany’s highest civilian honour ‘Order of the Merit’ at German Consulate in Bengaluru.
ii. He is honoured for his contribution in the field of behavioral Ecology and Sociology.
‘Order of Merit’ award is presented by President of Germany for outstanding achievement in political, economical, cultural, intellectual and voluntary fields.
2. 70TH ANNIVERSARY OF ATOMIC BOMB DROPPING ON NAGASAKI OBSERVED:
i. Atomic Bomb named ‘Fatman’ was dropped on Nagasaki by USA on 9th August 1945.
ii. This bomb killed 70,000 people.
iii. ‘Little boy’ named Atomic Bomb dropped on Hiroshima by USA on 6th August 1945.
3. ‘SURAKSHA BANDHAN DRIVE’ MISSION INITIATED BY UNION GOVERNMENT
i. Union Government launched Surakha Bandhan Drive with insurance companies and banks.
ii. The objective is to create a universal social security system in the country
iii. The scheme is launched to include all poor and under privileged section of society into insurance.
4. ‘PATWA AWARD’ TO GOA TOURISM MINISTER D PARUKKAR
i. Dilip Parukkar Tourism Minister of Goa conferred with ‘PATWA’ Award in the category of Best Tourism Minister.
5. GLOBAL SATELLITE TO BE NAMED AFTER FORMER PRESIDENT DR APJ ABDUL KALAM
i. Global Satellite called as Global Satellite for DDR to be named after former President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam .It will be a tribute to him.