Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs DAILY GK UPDATE Daily news Daily News in India Free current Affairs DAILY FREE CURRENT AFFAIRS 15 OCT 2015 ( DAILY NEWS INDIA)
Thursday, October 15, 2015
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 OCT 2015
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. ‘KAILASH SATYARTHI’ SELECTED FOR HARVARD HUMANITARIAN OF THE YEAR AWARD FOR 2015
i. Nobel Peace laureate Kailash Satyarthi has been selected for the Harvard Humanitarian of the Year Award 2015.
ii. The award is given for his recognition for championing the cause of child reform and ending all forms of violence against children.
iii. Harvard Humanitarian of the Year Award is given by US based Harvard University to recognise the works and deeds individuals who have improved the quality of lives and inspired people to greater heights.
2. ‘MALABAR NAVAL EXERCISE’ 2015 BETWEEN INDIA, US AND JAPAN STARTED
i. India, United States and Japan navies have started 2015 Malabar Naval Exercise in Bay of Bengal and India Ocean.
ii. The exercise is part of annual series of exercises conducted to advance multi-national maritime relationships and mutual security issues.
3. ‘TATA HOUSING TIED-UP WITH FACEBOOK’ TO SELL ITS HOMES ONLINE
i. Tata Housing tied-up with social networking firm Facebook to sell its homes online. For this purpose, Tata Housing launched the new campaign titled Social sell on Facebook.
ii. The company plans to sell around 250 units of its new five-acre residential project in Goa.
iii. Earlier Tata Housing started selling homes online in India in through its partnership with Google.
4. ‘PRANAB MUKHERJEE’ BECOMES 1ST INDIAN PRESIDENT TO ADDRESS ISRAELI PARLIAMENT
i. Pranab Mukherjee became 1st Indian President to address Israeli Parliament ‘Knesset’
ii. He addressed the Knesset during his official visit to 3 countries including Jordan, Palestine and Israel.
iii. Israel is going to support India’s bid for a permanent seat in the United Nations Security Council.
5. ‘MARLON JAMES’ WINS 2015 MAN BOOKER PRIZE
i. Jamaican author Marlon James has won 2015 Man Booker Prize.
ii. He is honoured with this award for his novel ‘A Brief History of Seven Killings’.
iii.He became first Jamaican to win Man Booker Prize in the 1970s.
iv.Man Booker prize was started in 1969 to promote the literary work in fiction by rewarding the best novel of the year written in English and published in the United Kingdom.
6. ‘OMID KORDESTANI’ APPOINTED AS EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN OF TWITTER
i. Omid Kordestani appointed as Executive Chairman of Twitter.
ii.He will replace Jack Dorsey, who is appointed on the post of Chief Executive Officer of Twitter.
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 25 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. BANK DEPOSITS WITH RBI HIT RECORD HIGH AFTE...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25 NOVEMBER 1. Who will be the Chief Guest at the 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas? a) Antonio Costa b) Mich...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN