DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 16 OCT 2015
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. ‘ZAHEER KHAN’ ANNOUNCED RETIREMENT FROM INTERNATIONAL CRICKET
i. Zaheer Khan one of India’s finest pacers announced retirement from all forms of international.
ii. He will continue to play in IPL for one more season.
iii. Zaheer khan is the fourth highest Indian wicket-taker in Tests matches and he is also the third highest wicket-taker in international cricket among left-arm pacers.
2. ‘INDIA AND ISRAEL’ SIGNED 10 MOUS TO ENHANCE BILATERAL COOPERATION
i. India and Israel signed 10 Memorandam of Understandings in various fields.
ii. The MoUs were signed during the visit of President Pranab Mukherjee's to Israel.
iii. He is the first President of India to visit Israel.
List of some important Agreements:
1. Avoidance of Double Taxation
2. Cultural Exchange Programme
3. MoU for Institutional Collaboration between Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (IITKGP) and Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
4. MoU between Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi and Hebrew University of Jerusalem
3. DRDO MISSILE COMPLEX RENAMED AS DR APJ ABDUL KALAM MISSILE COMPLEX
i. Defence Reseach Development Organisation Missile Complex in Hyderabad was renamed as Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Missile Complex by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.
ii. It was renamed on the 84th Birth Anniversary of Dr Kalam, the Missile Man.
Director General of DRDO: Dr. S Christopher
4. ‘KUNDHAVI KADIRESAN’ APPOINTED AS ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF FAO
i. Kundhavi Kadiresan was appointed as the Assistant Director of United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization.
ii. She is also appointed as Regional Representative for Asia and the Pacific.
iii. Kundhavi Kadiresan is an economist and she has spent most of her professional career with the World Bank Group in Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe
FAO Director General: José Graziano da Silva