Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs DAILY GK UPDATE Daily news Daily News in India Free current Affairs Daily Free Current Affairs 1st Jan. 2016 (Free GK Updates)
Friday, January 1, 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. IAN MURDOCK FOUNDER OF DEBIAN LINUX, PASSED AWAY
i. Ian Murdock known for founding one of the world's best known Linux distributions passed away in San Francisco.
ii. Ian Murdock was an software engineer known for founding the Debian project and Progeny Linux Systems, a commercial Linux company.
2. INDIAN-ORIGIN CANCER RESEARCHER HARPAL SINGH KUMAR KNIGHTED BY QUEEN ELIZABETH II
i. Indian-origin cancer research expert Harpal Singh Kumar received a Knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II for his important work on prevention and treatment of cancer.
ii. Knighthood award is one of the highest honour for an individual in the United Kingdom.
3. ANDHRA PRADESH GOVERNMENT DECIDED TO HIKE WAGES OF ANGANWADI WORKERS
i. The Andhra Pradesh Government has decided to hike the wages of Anganwadi workers.
ii. The wages of the Anganwadi workers will be hiked from 4200 rupees to 7000 rupees
iii. Anganwadi means courtyard shelter in Indian languages.
iv. They were started by the Indian government in 1975 for the Integrated Child Development Services program to control child hunger and malnutrition.
Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh: N Chandrababu
4. DRGYANENDRA APPOINTED DG OF NATIONAL CENTRE FOR GOOD GOVERNANCE
i. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the appointment of DrGyanendra D Bandgaiyan as the Director General of the National Centre for Good Governance.
ii. He is appointed in the office for a period of three years.
iii. He also remained Chief Economist in United Nations Development Programme.
iv. National Centre for Good Governance is the think tank in the country that guides and helps implement good governance reforms through research, policy analysis, advocacy and capacity building.
5. BJORN ISBERG NAMED AS TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR OF 2016 HOCKEY INDIA LEAGUE
i. Sweden's Bjorn Isberg was appointed as the Tournament Director of Coal India Hockey India League the premier league for hockey in India.
ii. Muthukumar Balakrisnan from Malaysia was given the role of the Assistant Tournament Director in the Coal India Hockey India League.
iii. Andy Mair from Scotland was named as the umpire's manager for the league.
6. PM MODI CONCLUDED HIS THREE-NATION TOUR TO RUSSIA, AFGHANISTAN & PAKISTAN
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi concluded his official visit to Russia, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS OF THE VISIT TO RUSSIA
a. PM Narendra Modi participated in the 16th India-Russia Annual Summit.
b. Both the countries signed 16 Agreements/MoUs on areas like energy, education, security, research and development.
c. He addressed CEOs forum and invited investments to leverage the potential of Make In India initiative.
d. Russian President gifted an 18th century sword from Bengal and page from Gandhiji’s diary containing handwritten notes to Modi.
MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS OF THE VISIT TO AFGHANISTAN
• Both countries discussed issues related to security and bilateral cooperation.
• He inaugurated Afghan Parliament House which was completely built by India.
ii. After his visit to Afghanistan he visited Pakistan and met the Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. He became the fourth Prime Minister to visit Pakistan in the post independence period.
PRESIDENT OF RUSSIA: VLADIMIR PUTIN
PRESIDENT OF AFGAN: ASHRAF GHANI
7. RAKHIHALDAR ANDKAVITA DEVI BAGGED GOLD AT NATIONAL WEIGHTLIFTING CHAMPIONSHIP
i. RakhiHaldar and Kavita Devi on bagged gold in the Senior National Weightlifting Championships held in Patiala, Punjab.
ii. RakhiHaldar grabbed gold in Women's 69 kilograms category.
iii. Lalchhanhimi bagged the silver medal and RajwantKaur finished with a bronze medal.
iv. In Women's 75 kilograms category Kavita Devi grabbed gold medal.
v. SushilaPanwar and DaljitKaurgrabbed the silver and Bronze medal.
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
To Access File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 5 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD’S LARGEST BIRD FESTIVAL IN AGRA i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. AKODARA IN GUJARAT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST DI...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN