DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. PUNJAB GOVERNMENT LAUNCHES MUKH MANTRI PUNJAB HEPATITIS C RELIEF FUND
i. The Punjab government has launched a special fund named “Mukh Mantri Punjab Hepatitis C Relief Fund”
ii. It is started to provide free treatment for patients affected by Hepatitis C.
iii. Punjab became the first Indian state to provide free treatment to confirmed cases of Hepatitis C.
iv. Hepatitis is a medical condition in which there occurs inflammation of liver cells and its complications vary with the type of infection.
2. UNION GOVERNMENT APPROVES 100% FDI IN DEFENCE, AVIATION AND E-COMMERCE SECTORS
i. The Union Government has approved 100% foreign direct investment in defence, Aviation and e-commerce sector.
ii. The changes are made to promote job creation and ease of doing business in the country.
iii. Noe India becomes most open economy in the world for FDI.
3. INTERNATIONAL DAY OF YOGA 2016 OBSERVED ACROSS THE WORLD ON 21ST JUNE
i. The International Day of Yoga was on obserced on 21st June across the world.
ii. The theme of the day is ‘Connect the Youth’.
iii. The Day highlights the important role of healthy living in the realization of the Sustainable Development Goals, adopted in 2015 by all 193 UN Member States.
4. JUNE 20 OBSERVED AS WORLD REFUGEE DAY
i. Every year June 20 is observed as World Refugee Day.
ii. The day is observed to raise awareness of the situation of refugees throughout the world.
iii. The day aims to draw attention to the plight of refugees and also to celebrate their courage and resilience and renew commitment to solve refugee problems.
5. INDIA WINS SILVER MEDAL AT ARCHERY WORLD CUP IN ANTALYA
i. The Indian mixed recurve team of Deepika Kumari and Atanu Das has won the silver medal at the Archery World Cup held in Antalya, Turkey.
ii. The gold was won by South Korea after defeating india.
6. AUSTRALIA WINS 2016 CHAMPIONS TROPHY TITLE OF HOCKEY
i. Australia has grabbed the 2016 Champions Trophy title of Hockey by defeating India by 3-1 score.
ii. Australia created history by winning the title for record 14 times.
iii. Champions Trophy Hockey is an international field hockey tournament organized by the International Hockey Federation.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE STATE WHICH HAS LAUNCHED “MUKH MANTRI HEPATITIS C FUND”?
d. New Delhi
2. UNION GOVERNMENT APPROVES 100% FDI IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING DEPARTMENTS?
a. Aviation Department
b. Defence Sector
c. e-Commerce Sector
d. All of the above
3. WHAT IS THE THEME OF “2016 INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY”?
a. Cheer Life
b. Connect to the youth
c. Healthy Life
d. Stay Healthy
4. WHEN INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY IS OBSERVED ACROSS THE WORLD?
a. 19th June
b. 20th June
c. 21st June
d. 26th June
5.”20TH JUNE” IS OBSERVED AS?
a. World Humanitarian Day
b. World Heath Day
c. World Water Day
d. World Refugee Day
6. WHO WON THE GOLD MEDAL IN WORLD ARCHERY CUP 2016 AFTER DEFEATING INDIA?
a. South Korea
b. North Korea
7. WHO IS THE CAPTAIN OF AUSTRALIAN MEN’S HOCKEY TEAM?
a. Jamie Dwyer
b. Liam De Young
c. Mark Knowles
d. None of these
1. A 2. D 3. B 4. C 5. D 6. A 7. C