DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 07 SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. URJIT PATEL TAKES OVER AS RBI GOVERNOR
i. Urjit Patel assumed charge as the 24th Governor of the Reserve Bank of India.
ii. He replaced Raghuram Rajan whose 3-year term came to end on September 4.
2. INDIA POST RELEASES COMMEMORATIVE POSTAGE STAMP ON SAINT TERESA
i. The Postal Department has released a commemorative stamp to honour the Mother Teresa’s canonization in Mumbai.
ii. Mother Teresa worked for the destitute in Kolkata and became a global icon of Christian charity.
iii. Recently she was declared a saint by Pope Francis at the Vatican.
3. ANKASAMUDRA TO BECOME A CONSERVATION RESERVE
i. The Karnataka State Wildlife Board has declared Ankasamudra tank in Hagari Bommanahalli taluk as a bird conservation reserve.
ii. This is the first bird conservation reserve declared in the entire Hyderabad-Karnataka region.
4. GOA TO HOST THREE-DAY BIRD FESTIVAL FROM NOV 11
i. Goa will host a three-day bird festival from November 11 to 13 persons from both within the country and from international countries will also participate
ii. Goa's state bird “Bulbul” has been chosen as the logo for the festival.
5. CANADA’S BRITISH COLUMBIA BECOMES FIRST FOREIGN GOVERNMENT TO ISSUE MASALA BONDS
i. Canada’s British Columbia province has become the first foreign government to issue of masala bonds..
ii. Masala bonds are rupee-denominated bond.
iii. It had issued Rs 500 crore rupee denominated overseas bonds (masala bond) on the London Stock Exchange and successfully raised $75 million.
6. KERALA APPOINTS SACHIN AS BRAND AMBASSADOR FOR ANTI-LIQUOR CAMPAIGN
i. Legendary Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar has been appointed as brand ambassador for anti- liquor and drug campaign by the Kerala government.
ii. Kerala has been implementing prohibition in a phased manner since 2014
7. ABHINAV BINDRA ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT FROM SHOOTING
i. Abhinav Bindra India's individual Olympic gold medallist, has officially announced his retirement from shooting.
ii. The Indian Olympics Association appointed Abhinav Bindra as the Goodwill Ambassador for Rio 2016 Olympic Games Indian Contingent
8. SAKSHI MALIK APPOINTED WRESTLING DIRECTOR OF ROHTAK UNIVERSITY
i. The Haryana Government has announced the appointment of Rio Olympics bronze medallist Sakshi Malik as Wrestling Director at Maharshi Dayanand University.
ii. Sakshi malik won bronze medal in wrestling at Rio Olympics.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE 24TH GOVERNOR OF RBI?
a. Raghuram Rajan
b. Urjit Patel
c. HR Khan
d. Anand Sinha
2. RECENTLY, WHOSE COMMEMORATIVE POSTAGE STAMP HAS BEEN RELEASED BY INDIA POST IN MUMBAI?
a. Mother Teresa
b. Lal Bahadur Shastri
c. Bhagat Singh
d. Chandrashekhar Azad
3. “ANKASAMUDRA”, THE BIRD CONSERVATION RESERVE IS LOCATED IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATES?
a. Andhra Pradesh
4. NAME THE STATE BIRD OF GOA?
5. WHO IS THE GOODWILL AMBASSADOR OF RIO 2016 GAMES INDIAN CONTINGENT?
a. Virendra Singh
b. Abhinav Bindra
c. Sania Mirza
d. PV Sindhu
6. WHAT AMOUNT OF RUPEE DENOMINATED BOND HAS BEEN ISSUED BY CANADA’S BRITISH COLOMBIA GOVERNMENT ON THE LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE?
a. Rs 500Cr
b. Rs 550Cr
c. Rs 510Cr
d. Rs 520Cr
7. RECENTLY WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING HAVE WON UNESCO LITERARY AWARD?
a. Sarv Sikhsha Abhyan
b. Sishu Sikhsha Scheme
c. JSS Malappuram
d. All of the above
1. B 2. A 3. C 4. D 5. B 6. A 7. C