DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21TH OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HANSDA SOWVENDRA SHEKHAR
i. The book titled The Adivasi Will Not Dance, penned by Hansda Sowvendra Shekhar is releaed.
ii. The characters of the book are set in the fecund, mineral-rich hinterland and the ever-expanding, squalid towns of Jharkhand.
iii. Hansda Sowvendra Shekhar is a medical officer with the Government of Jharkhand.
2. SEBI RE-CONSTITUTES PANEL ON DISCLOSURE, ACCOUNTING STANDARDS.
i. SEBI has re-constituted its committee which advises the regulator on issues related to disclosure requirements and accounting practices for various entities in the securities market.
ii. The Committee will be chaired by Tata Sons Director Ishaat Hussain.
iii. The expert panel also includes representatives from Sebi, Finance Ministry and Corporate Affairs Ministry.
3. INDIA RANKED BEST IN FIFA RANKINGS IN 6 YEARS
i. The Indian football team ranked 137th from 148 in the latest FIFA ranking in over six years after India defeated Puerto Rico in an International Friendly in Mumbai lat month.
ii. India were ranked 137th in 2010 which stayed India’s best ever FIFA Ranking.
4. BOOK ON VIRAT KOHLI TITLED ‘DRIVEN: THE VIRAT KOHLI STORY’ LAUNCHED
i. The book on Virat Kohli named' Driven: The Virat Kohli Story' launched.
ii. The book was authored by senior journalist Vijay Lokapally.
iii. The book celebrates the career of Virat Kohli and introduces readers to the man not known to many.
5. PAKISTAN WARNS INDIA AGAINST BREACHING INDUS WATER TREATY
i. Pakistan has warned India that it will take appropriate action if India violates the Indus Water Treaty.
ii. Indus River is important for Pakistan around 65% of the Pakistan’s geographical area including entire Pakistan’s Punjab province is part of Indus basin.
iii. Indus Waters Treaty is a water-distribution treaty between India and Pakistan which was brokered by the World Bank .
iv. The treaty deals with sharing of water of Indus water system having six rivers — Beas, Ravi, Sutlej, Indus, Chenab and Jhelum between the two countries.
v. According to the treaty, control over three eastern rivers Ravi, Beas and Sutlej was given to India.
vi. While control over three western rivers Indus, Jhelum and Chenab was given to Pakistan.
6. LONDON TOPS IN THE GLOBAL POWER CITY INDEX
i. According to the 2016 Global Power City Index report London has topped for the fifth consecutive year.
ii. Mumbai is ranked at 39th on the list of the world’s leading global cities for business, innovation and culture.
iii. London is followed by New York then Tokyo.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONS HAVE RE-CONSTITUTED THE COMMITTEE ON DISCLOSURE AND ACCOUNTING STANDARDS?
b. Union Ministry of Finance
d. Central Statistical Organization
2. WHAT IS THE RANK OF INDIA IN FIFA RANKINGS?
3. WHO IS THE AUTHOR OF THE BOOK “DRIVEN THE VIRAT KHOLI STORY”?
a. Vijay Kelkar
b. Vijay Lokapally
c. Chetan Bhagat
d. None of these
4. WHEN WAS INDUS WATER TREATY SIGNED BETWEEN INDIA & PAKISTAN?
5. THE GLOBAL POWER CITY INDEX RELEASED BY________________.
a. Mori Memorial Foundation
b. World Bank
6. NAME THE CITY WHICH HAS TOPPED THE LIST OF GLOBAL POWER CITY INDEX?
1. C 2. A 3. B 4. C 5. A 6. D