GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS
AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS
Central Administration during Delhi Sultanate:
· Diwan-i-Wizarat (Finance Department) headed by Wazir.
· Diwan-i-Ariz (Military Department) headed by Ariz-i-Mumalik.
· Diwan-i-Insha (Correspondence Department) headed by Dabir-i-Mumalik.
· Diwan-i-Risalat (Appeals Department) headed by Dabir-i-Mulq.
· Diwan-i-Mustakharaj (Arrears Department) founded by Alaudin Khilji.
· Diwan-i-Riyasat (Commerce Department) headed by Rais-i-Mumalik.
· Diwan-i-Kohi (Agriculture Department) founded by Mohd bin Tughlaq.
· Diwan-i-Bandgan (Slaves Department) founded by Firoz Tughlaq.
· Diwan-i-Khairat (Charity Department) founded by Firoz Tughlaq.
· Diwan-i-Isthiaq (Pension Department) founded by Firoz Tughlaq.
· Iqta (Province) headed by Muqti or Wali.
· Shiq (District) headed by Siqadar.
· Pargana (Taluka) headed by Chaudary and Amil.
· Gram (Village) headed by Muqaddam or Khut.
Important Literature of Delhi Sultanate:
· Tahiqiq-i-Hind by Alberuni – wrote about Slave Dyansty.
· Tabaqat-i-Nasiri by Minhaj-us-Siraj – account of Iltutmish’s reign.
· Laila Manju by Amir Khusrau.
· Khazain-ul-Futuh by Amir Khusrau – conquests of Alauddin Khilji.
· Tughlaqnama by Amir Khusrau – account of Ghiyasudin Balban’s reign.
· Nuh-Siphir by Amir Khusrau
· Fatwa-i-Jahandari by Zia ud din Barani – account of Tughlaq dynasty.
· Tarikh-i-Firoz Shahi by Zia ud din Barani - account of Firoz Shah’s reign.
· Fatwah-i-Firoz Shahi by Firoz Shah.
· Kitab-ul-Hind by Alberuni.
· Kitab-ul-Tahqiq by Alberuni – About Indian Sciences.
· Qanun-e-Masudi by Alberuni – about Astronomy.
· Taj-ul-Maathir by Hasan Nizami – about Slave dynasty.
· Shah Namah by Firdausi – about Mohmud Ghazni’s reign.
· Kitab-ul-Rehala by Ibn Batuta