DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12TH DEC 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIA-UK CONFERENCE ON EASE OF DOING BUSINESS
i. The India-UK Conference on Ease of Doing Business concluded in New Delhi.
ii. This conference would act as an opportunity to enhance the strategic bilateral partnership between the two nations.
iii. The conference was jointly inaugurated by Ramesh Abhishek, Secretary of Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Dominic Asquith, the British High Commissioner.
2. 28TH EDITION OF SIMCON 2016
i. The 28th State Information Ministers Conference was organised by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
ii. The conference was chaired by Minister for Information & Broadcasting, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu.
iii. The aim of the conference is to promote partnership among Centre and State, to discuss key issues in the films & broadcasting sector.
3. RAJENDAR KUMAR APPOINTED AS NEW CBDT MEMBER
i. Senior IRS officer Rajendra Kumar has been appointed as the new Member of the Central Board of Direct Taxes.
ii. The Central Board of Direct Taxes is a statutory authority functioning under the Central Board of Revenue Act, 1963. It is headquartered at New Delhi.
4. RATAN P. WATAL SUBMITTED ITS REPORT TO FINANCE MINSTER TO BOOST DIGITAL PAYMENT
i. The committee formed by Finance Ministry to boost Digital Payment system in India submitted its report to Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
ii. The report recommended including those group of citizens into the digital payment system who are not well versed with it so that they can use it for their benefit and reduce dependence on cash.
5. RAJASTHAN HIGH COURT STRUCKS SBCS 5% QUOTA
i. The Rajasthan High Court cancelled the Rajasthan Special Backward Classes reservation Act 2015 that allowed for 5% quota to Gujjars and five other communities of the state.
ii. A division bench of justices M N Bhandari and J K Ranka struck down the notification of October 2015 saying that it was in violation with the 50% limit set by the Supreme Court.
iii. In September 2015, the Rajasthan Assembly, passed separate Bills to provide five per cent reservation to Gujjars and other communities under Special Backward Classes and 14 per cent to Economically Backward Classes of unreserved categories.
6. IQBAL SAYED BECOMES FIRST INDIAN TO MEDAL AT MR OLYMPIA
i. Mumbai's Iqbal Sayed became the first Indian to win a medal at the Mr Olympia event.
7. VIRAT KOHLI: FIRST INDIAN CAPTAIN TO SCORE THREE DOUBLE CENTURIES
i. Virat Kohli became the first Indian to score three double hundreds in a year.
ii. There are only three batsmen who had scored three double centuries and one batsman who has scored 4 double centuries in a single year.
OBJECTIVE QUESTIONS BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. IN WHICH CITY THE INDIA-UK CONFERENCE ON EASE OF DOING BUSINESS WAS JOINTLY INAUGURATED IN DECEMBER 2016?
a) New Delhi
2. THE INAUGURAL SESSION OF 28TH STATE INFORMATION MINISTERS CONFERENCE, SIMCON 2016 WAS HELD IN
c) New Delhi
3. NAME THE CHAIRMAN OF THE COMMITTEE ON DIGITAL PAYMENTS THAT SUBMITTED ITS FINAL REPORT TO THE FINANCE MINISTER ARUN JAITLEY IN NEW DELHI.
a) KS Valdiya
b) Ratan P Watal
c) Amitabh Kant
d) SS Mudra
4. WHO IS THE FIRST INDIAN TO WIN A MEDAL AT THE MR. OLYMPIA AMATEUR EVENT?
a) Neeraj Kumar
b) Wasim Khan
c) Varinder Ghuman
d) Iqbal Sayed
5. WHICH CRICKETER BECAME THE FIFTH BATSMAN IN THE WORLD TO SCORE THREE DOUBLE-HUNDREDS IN A CALENDAR YEAR?
a) Joe Root
b) AB de Villiers
c) Virat Kohli
d) Brendon McCullum
1 - A 2 - C 3 - B 4 - D 5 - C