DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 5TH DEC 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. WORLD’S LARGEST BIRD FESTIVAL IN AGRA
i. UP Eco-tourism has organized a three-day international festival on birds at the National Chambal Sanctuary in the Bah tehsil, Agra.
ii The main of the event is to promote eco-tourism in Uttar Pradesh and to declare it as an international bird watching destination.
2. INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES OBSERVED-3RD DECEMBER
i. The theme for the day is ‘Achieving 17 Goals for the Future We Want’.
ii. IDPD is an international observance promoted by the United Nations since 1992.
iii. Earlier it was called the International Day of Disabled Persons.
3. NICO ROSBERG ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT
i. Formula One Player Nico Rosberg announced his retirement after he grabbed his first-ever F1 World Champion title in the season’s final race at Abu Dhabi.
ii. He belong to Britain.
4. INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN'S PEACE PRIZE
i. Kehkashan Basu, a 16-year-old UAE-based Indian teenager won the International Children’s Peace Prize for her work towards climate justice and combating environmental degradation.
ii. The International Children’s Peace Prize is an annual award, which is conferred to those children who fight courageously for children’s rights.
iii. Kehkashan Basu founded Green Hope at the age of twelve.
5. INDIA, QATAR SIGNED FOUR AGREEMENTS ON VISA AND CYBERSPACE
i. India and Qatar signed four agreements to boost the bilateral relations between the two nations.
ii. The agreements were signed at New Delhi during visit of Prime Minister of Qatar Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser Bin Khalifa Al Thani.
iii. An agreement to allows holders of diplomatic, special and official passport of the two countries to visa-free travel between the two countries.
6. HAILAKANDI FIRST DISTRICT IN ASSAM TO MAKE CASHLESS PAYMENT
i. Assam’s Hailakandi district becomes the first district in the state to pay wages to tea garden workers through bank accounts.
7. INDIA WON 2016 WOMEN'S ASIA CUP CRICKET
i. Indian women’s cricket team defeated Pakistan to win the 2016 Asia Cup T20 at Bangkok, Thailand.
a. Player of the Series: Mithali Raj (India)
b. Most runs in the Series: 220 by Mithali Raj (India)
c. Most wickets in the Series: 12 by Sana Mir (Pakistan)
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO IS THE RECEIVER OF THE INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN’S PEACE PRIZE 2016?
a) Malala Yousafzai
b) Abraham MKeita
c) Neha Gupta
d) Kehkashan Basu
2. WHICH FORMULA ONE PLAYER ANNOUNCED HIS RETIREMENT FROM THE SPORT?
a) Fernando Alonso
b) Nico Rosberg
c) Lewis Hamilton
d) Sebastian Vettel
3. THE WINNER OF THE INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN’S PEACE PRIZE 2016 BELONGS TO WHICH COUNTRY?
4. WHAT WAS THE THEME OF THE 2016 INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES?
a) Decent Work for Persons with Disabilities
b) Arts, Culture and Independent Living
c) Achieving 17 Goals for the Future We Want
d) Inclusion matters: access and empowerment for people of all abilities
5. WHICH DISTRICT BECOME FIRST DISTRICT IN ASSAM TO MAKE CASHLESS PAYMENT?
1 – D 2 – B 3 – B 4 - C 5 - A