DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS-19 DECEMBER 2014
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1) GSLV MARK III LAUNCHED SUCCESSFULLY
Ø The first experimental flight of the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) Mark III has been launched successfully by ISRO from SatishDhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota (AP)
Ø This is next generation heaviest rocket launched by ISRO.
Ø Indian Space Research Organization was established in 1969, with H.Qs at Bangalore.
Ø Present Chairman – K.Radhakrishnan
Ø Satellite Launching Station – SDSC, Sriharikota.
1. Which is the heaviest next generation rocket launched by ISRO recently:
b. GSLV Mark II
c. GSLV Mark III
d. GSLV Mark I
2. Who among the following is present Chairman of ISRO:
d. Rajiv Shethy
2) 18TH DECEMBER - MINORITY RIGHTS DAY
Ø 18th December has been observed as Minority Rights Day across the world to protect the rights of the Minority communities.
1. Minority Rights day is observed on:
a. 17th December
b. 18th December
c. 19th December
3) RBI IMPOSED FINE ON BANK OF BARODA AND ICICI BANK
Ø RBI imposed fines worth Rs 50 lakhs and Rs 25 lakh on ICICI (Largest Private Bank in India) for violating KYC and anti-money laundering norms.
1. For violating KYC and anti-money laundering norms, which two banks have been imposed fine by RBI:
a. ICICI and Axis Bank
b. Axis bank and SBI
c. ICICI and SBI Bank
d. ICICI and Bank of Baroda