DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS-24 JANUARY 2015
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1) KERALA GOT FIRST ‘INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MUSIC’
Ø Cultural Minister of Kerala, K.C. Joseph announced setting up of International Institute of Music in Kerala which will be first International Institute in India dedicated to Music.
Ø A trust has been constituted which is headed by Sarod Maestro Ustad Amzad Ali Khan to set up institute
1. Which Indian state got its first International Instittute of Music
c. Tamil Nadu
d. Madhya Pradesh
2) ‘JHUMPA LAHIRI’ WINS DSC PRIZE FOR SOUTH ASIA LITERATURE
Ø Indian-American author Jhumpa Lahiri won prestigious DSC prize for literature for her book ‘The lowland’
Ø She has received $ 50,000 DSC prize for her book.
Ø DSC Prize – It was started in 2011. It is awarded annually to writers of any ethnicity or nationality writing about South Asia such as politics, history or people.
Ø It is funded by Infrastructure company the DSC group.
1. Who won DSC Prize 2015 for Literature
a. Vijay Shesadri
b. Sudha Rai
c. Jhumpa Lahiri
d. Chetan Bhagat
3) ‘SUNIL SOOD’ IS APPOINTED AS CEO OF VODAFONE INDIA.
Ø Vodafone has appointed Sunil Sood as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for its India operation .
Ø He will be first Indian CEO of Vodafone.
Ø He will replace Martin Pieters
1. Who is the first Indian to serve as CEO of Vodafone India
a. Sunil Sood
b. Sunil Kumar
c. Vijay Kumar
d. Raman Sood
4) ‘LEE WAN KOO’ NAMED AS THE NEW PRIME MINISTER OF SOUTH KOREA
Ø President Park Geun-Hye appointed Lee Wan Koo as the new South Korean Prime Minister
Ø He succeeds Chung Hong Won who had resigned over a ferry disaster in April last year.
1. Who is named as the new South Korean Prime Minister
a. Lee Won Koo
b. Park Geun Hye
c. Hugo Chovez
d. Chung Hong Won
5) ‘YEMEN’ SUFFERS POLITICAL VACCUM
Ø President Mansour Hadi of Yemen along with Prime Minister Khaled Bahah and his Cabinet resigned
Ø Yemen Government’s resignation comes after the President agreed to the demands of Shia Houthi Rebels.
Ø Houthi rebels are fighting to win greater autonomy for their heartland Saada Province and also to protect Zaidi(Islam sect exclusively in Yemen) religious and cultural traditions.
1. Shia Houthi rebels belongs to: