Wednesday, March 9, 2016
QUANT QUIZ-13 BASED ON
RATIO AND PROPORTION
1. Two numbers are in ratio1/2:2/2/3, when each of these are increased by 15, they become in the ratio1/2/3:2/1/1 Find the numbers:
a. 27, 36
c. 48, 27
2. A and B have money in the ratio 2:1.If A gives Rs 2 to B, the money will be in the ratio 1:1.What was the initial amounts they had:
a. Rs 12, Rs 6
b. Rs 16 , Rs 8
c. Rs. 8 ,Rs 4
d. Rs 6 and Rs 3
3. A man ordered 4 pairs of black socks and some pair of brown socks. The price of a black socks is double that of a brown pair, while preparing the bill the clerk interchanged the number of black and brown pairs by mistake which increased the bill by 50%.The ratio of the number of black and brown pairs of socks in the original order was:
4. A fruit seller sold big, medium and small sized apples for Rs 15, Rs 10 , Rs 5 respectively. The total number of apples sold were in the ratio 3:2:5.Find the average cost of an apple :
5. 4 yrs ago, the ratio of the age of A and B was 2:3 and after 4 yrs it will become 5:7.Find their present age:
d. 36, 52
6. If there is a reduction in the number of workers in a factory in the ratio 15:11 and an increment in the wage in the ratio 22 : 25 than the ratio by which the total wage of the workers should be decreased in:
7. Two equal glasses filled with alcohol and water in the proportion 2:1 and 3:2 are emptied into a 3rd glass. The proportion of alcohol and water in the 3rd glass will be:
8. A policeman starts to chase a thief, when the thief goes 10 steps, the policeman moves 8 steps. 5 steps of policeman are equal to 7 steps of thief. The ratio of the speeds of policeman and thief is:
9. The ratio of the number of boys and girls in a school was 5:3. Some new boys and girls were admitted to the school, in the ratio 5:7.At time, the total number of students in the school became 1200 and the ratio of boys to girls changed to 7:5. The number of students in the school before new admission was:
10. In an examination, the number of those who passed and the number of those who failed were in the ratio 25:4.If 5 more had appeared and the number of failures was 2 less than earlier. The ratio of passers to failure would have been 22:3.The total number who appeared at the examination is:
1.C, 2.C, 3.D, 4.C, 5.D, 6.A, 7.D, 8.C, 9.D, 10.B,
For Full Explanation Of Each Question CLICK HERE
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 5 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD’S LARGEST BIRD FESTIVAL IN AGRA i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 7 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. ISRO LAUNCHES PSLV-C36 CARRYING REMOTE SE...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 4 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. DELHI AIRPORT WORLD'S 22ND MOST CONNECT...
Here we are going to share IBPS PO Mains booster. This is very important file for all the candidates who are preparing for Bank Exams. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 6 DEC 1. International Volunteer Day – 5 December i. The International Volunteer Day was observed across the w...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...