DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 10 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIAN BOXERS WON 4 MEDALS AT 7TH ASIAN YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP
i. Indian boxers won four medals at the 7th Asian Youth Championships held in Kazakhstan.
ii. India finished at third with three silver and a bronze medal in the tournament.
iii.The Indian boxers won silver medals are National champion Ankush Dahiya in 60kg, Ashish Kulhirya in 64kg and Reyal Puri in 81kg category.
iv.bronze medal is won by Manjeet Singh in 91kg category.
v.Kazakhstan topped the medal tally with 6 gold, 1 silver and 3 bronze medals followed by Uzbekistan
2. SINGLE EMERGENCY NUMBER ‘112’ TO BE OPERATIONAL THROUGHOUT INDIA FROM JANUARY 1, 2017
i. The single emergency number ‘112’ will be operational throughout India from January 1, 2017.
ii.It will provede to help people reach immediate services of police, ambulance and fire department.
iii.The single emergency number will be similar to the ‘911’ all-in-one emergency service in the United States and 999 of United Kingdom .
UNION TELECOM MINISTER: RAVI SHANKAR PRASAD
3. UNION GOVERNMENT RELEASES COMMEMORATIVE COIN ON MAHARANA PRATAP
i. The Union Government has released a commemorative coin of Rs 100 and a circulation coin of Rs 10 on the 475th Birth Anniversary celebrations of Maharana Pratap.
ii.The coin was released by Union Tourism Minister Dr Mahesh Sharma in New Delhi.
iii. Maharana Pratap, the ruler of Mewar is regarded as one of the greatest warriors in Indian history.
4. GOI STARTS UBIN DRIVE FOR BUDDING ENTREPRENEURS
i. The Government of India has started the process for issuance by Unique Business Identification Number drive.
ii. It will help enable budding entrepreneurs to set up their business without any delays .
iii.This portal will be automatically linked to Ministry Of Corporate Affairs portal after it is issued to the intended beneficiary.
iv.It is a major step towards ease of doing business and the start-up India initiative of the government
5. INDIA RANKS NINTH IN 2015 CRONY-CAPITALISM INDEX
i. India is ranked ninth in 2015 Crony-Capitalism Index with crony sector wealth accounting for 3.4 per cent of the gross domestic product
ii. The index was based on new study by The Economist which had used data from a list of the world’s billionaires and their worth published by Forbes.
iii. In 2014 India was also at ninth place.
iv. Top place is grabbed by Russia followed by Malaysia, Philippines and Singapore.
v.Germany was ranked lowest and was found out to cleanest country, where just few of the country’s billionaires derive their wealth from crony sectors.
6. ASIA'S FIRST RICE TECHNOLOGY PARK TO BE ESTABLISHED IN GANGAVATI
i. Karnataka Government has decided to establish Asia’s first Rice Technology Park at Gangavati in Koppal district.
ii.The state government has also decided to set up a Maize Technology Park at Ranebennur in Haveri district.
iii. It will help growers to add value to their produce and get better returns and also enhance quality of the produce.
7. INDIA WOMEN WRESTLERS VINESH PHOGAT, SAKSHI MALIK QUALIFY FOR 2016 RIO OLYMPICS
i. Two Indian women wrestlers Vinesh Phogat and Sakshi Malik have qualified for 2016 Rio Olympics.
ii. Vinesh grabbed her place for the Olympic berth after defeating Avin Demirhan of Turkey in the 48 kg category.
iii. Sakshi Malik also entered the final in the 58 kg category and qualified for Rio Olympics.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHICH STATE OF INDIA IS GOING TO ESTABLISH ASIA’S FIRST RICE TECHNOLOGY PARK?
2. WHO IS THE CHIEF MINISTER OF KARNATAKA?
3. WHICH COUNTRY TOPPED IN THE CRONY-CAPITALISM INDEX?
4. WHO IS UNION TOURISM MINISTER IN INDIA?
a. Mahesh Sharma
d.Radha mohan singh
5. IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING YEARS THE SINGLE EMERGENCY NUMBER ‘112’ TO BE OPERATIONAL THROUGHOUT INDIA?
a.January 1, 2017
b.January 1, 2018
c.1st April 2017
d.1st march, 2018
6. WHICH COUNTRY TOPPED IN THE 7TH ASIAN YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP?
1.b 2.c 3.a 4.a 5.a 6.b