Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 MAY 2016
Saturday, May 21, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. FIVE STATE ASSEMBLY ELECTION 2016 RESULTS:
i. The 2016 Kerala Assembly Election has won by the CPI (M) led Left Democratic Front by the absolute majority by winning 91 seats of the total 140 seats. Pinarayi Vijayan is set to become the next Chief Minister of Kerala.
ii. Assam Assembly Election 2016 Bhartiya Janata Party and its alliance partners have won an absolute majority by winning 87 seats out of 126 member House. Union Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal is all set to become the next Chief Minister of Assam.
iii. West Bengal Assembly Election is won by all India Trinamool Congress Party under the leadership of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has emerged victorious in the 2016.
iv. 2016 Tamil Nadu Assembly Election is won by Ruling All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam Party under the leadership of Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha .
v. 2016 Assam election won by the BJP and by the Left front in Kerala with the DMK winning 17 of the 30 assembly seats.
2. PRESIDENT INAUGURATES INTELLIGENT OPERATIONS CENTRE IN RASHTRAPATI BHAVAN
i. President Pranab Mukherjee has inaugurated an Intelligent Operations Centre in Rashtrapati Bhavan.
ii. A mobile application ‘Monitor’ for transformation of President’s Estate into a smart township is also launched.
iii. The theme of the centre is ‘4H’ theme of a humane, Hi-Tech, Heritage and Happy Township.
3. JP NADDA LAUNCHES CENTRE FOR ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH TO ASSESS ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ON HEALTH
i. The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare J P Nadda has launched the Centre for Environmental Health in New Delhi.
ii. It was launched to assess the impact of environment-related problems like air pollution, pesticide use, climate change and sanitation on health.
4. HIMACHAL CM LAUNCHES PEHAL PROGRAMME
i. Himachal Pradesh CM Virbhadra Singh has introduced PEHAL programme in Shimla district.
ii. The programme aims to promote developmental works and government schemes through effective implementation.
iii. Shimla has become the 1st district in the state to launch such different programme to work as a team with the people.
iv. The PEHAL will focus on five areas namely- Health and Sanitation, Primary Education, Forest Rights, Campaign against drugs and skill development, and Women Empowerment.
5. INDIA LAUDED FOR MEDICINES WITH THE RED LINE CAMPAIGN ON ANTIBIOTICS
i. ‘Medicines with the Red Line’ a public awareness campaign launched by the Union Government to curb irrational use of antibiotics.
ii. The term Medicines with the Red Line was in news, as the campaign was appreciated by the Global Review on Antimicrobial Resistance.
6. INTERNATIONAL BUDDHIST CONFERENCE STARTED IN NEPAL
i. International Buddhist conference has started in Nepal to celebrate the 2,560th birth anniversary of Lord Buddha.
ii. The theme of the conference is "Lumbini, Nepal: the birth place of Lord Buddha and the fountain of Buddhism and world peace"
Prime Minister of Nepal: K P Sharma Oli.
7. BEIJING AND NEW DELHI YOGA CONFERENCE STARTED IN CHINA
i. Chinese yoga practitioners gathered in large numbers for a group performance in Kunming China to open the China-India Yoga Conference.
ii. The five day conference is featuring activities including courses from Indian yoga masters and yoga introductions for communities.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO WILL BECOME THE NEXT CHIEF MINISTER OF KERELA?
a. Pinarajyi Vijayan
b. Iyer Swami
c. Swami Trimurti
d. None of these
2. WHAT IS THE THEME OF ‘INTELLIGENT OPERATION CENTRE’?
3. WHAT DOES 4H (‘INTELLIGENT OPERATION CENTRE’) STAND FOR?
a. Humane, Housing, Hi-tech, Happy Township
b. Horns, Heritage, Hi-tech, Happy Township
c. Humane, Hi-tech, Heritage, Happy Township
d. Horns, Home, Happy, Heritage
4. WHO IS THE PRESENT UNION HEALTH AND WELFARE MINSTER OF INDIA?
a. JP Nadda
b. Sushma Swaraj
c. Menika Gandhi
d. Smiriti Irani
5. RECENTLY IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATE OF INDIA ,’PEHAL’ SCHEME HAS BEEN LAUNCHED?
d. Himachal Pradesh
6. INTERNATIONAL BUDDHIST CONFERENCE STARTED IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRY?
a. Sri Lanka
7. WHO IS THE PRIME MINISTER OF NEPAL?
a. KP Sharma Oli
b. SP Sharma
c. SS Sharma Oli
d. None of these
1. A 2. B 3. C 4. A 5. D 6. C 7. A
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 25 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. BANK DEPOSITS WITH RBI HIT RECORD HIGH AFTE...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25 NOVEMBER 1. Who will be the Chief Guest at the 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas? a) Antonio Costa b) Mich...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN