Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 24 MAY 2016
Tuesday, May 24, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 24 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIA'S FIRST REUSABLE SPACE SHUTTLE, RLV-TD LAUNCHED
i. Indian Space Research Organization has successfully launched its maiden indigenous Reusable Launch Vehicle from Sriharikota spaceport in Andhra Pradesh.
ii. After launch from the Sriharikota spaceport, it glided back onto a virtual runway in the Bay of Bengal.
iii. The Re-Usable Launch Vehicle - Technology can put satellites into orbit around earth and then re-enter atmosphere.
2. INDIA AND IRAN SIGN 12 BILATERAL AGREEMENTS IN VARIOUS AREAS
i. India and Iran has signed 12 Memorandum of Understanding and agreements in various areas including building and operating the Chabahar port by India.
ii. some of the agreements are:
1. cooperation in culture,
2. science and technology,
3. library sciences,
4. Cooperation between the EXIM banks of both the countries.
5. MoU between EXIM Bank and Iran’s Ports and Maritime Organization (PMO),
3. GOVT CONSTITUTES IEPF AUTHORITY
i. Government has constituted the Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority to strengthen the framework for safeguarding the interest of investors.
ii. The authority would have the responsibility of administering the fund as well as maintain separate accounts and other records
iii. Corporate Affairs Secretary Tapan Ray has been appointed as its chairman.
4. JAYALALITHAA SWORN IN FOR 6TH TERM AS TAMIL NADU CHIEF MINISTER
i. All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam chief J Jayalalithaa has sworn in as chief minister of Tamil Nadu.
ii. Jayalalithaa holds the distinction of being the second person in the State to hold the CM office, she was first sworn-in as chief minister on June 24, 1991.
GOVERNOR OF TAMIL NADU: K ROSAIAH IV.
5. GUJARAT CM LAUNCHES ‘SMART VILLAGE’ PROGRAM
i. Gujarat government has launched Smart Village program.
ii. The state government will select 300 villages for Smart Village program that will get 80 lakh to 2 crore rupees cash assistance to improve public facilities in the villages
iii. She will felicitate villages that have 100 percent completion of toilet.
6. ANURAG THAKUR ELECTED AS THE NEW BCCI PRESIDENT AND AJAY SHIRKE AS SECRETARY
i. Anurag Thakur has been elected as the new BCCI president Senior BCCI vice-president C K Khanna in Mumbai.
ii.He became the second youngest BCCI President.
iii. Ajay Shirke has been appointed as the BCCI Secretary.
7. SIKKIM CM PAWAN CHAMLING CONFERRED WITH NEPAL’S LITERARY AWARD
i. Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling has been conferred with the Yug Kavi Siddhicharan Award by Nepal Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli.
ii.The award is given for his commendable contributions in promoting Nepali literature in India.
ii. The Yug Kavi Siddhicharan Award is one of the Nepal’s prestigious literary award.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO IS THE CHAIRMAN OF ISRO?
a. K. RadhaKrishan
b. A.S Kiran Kumar
c. Shailesh Nayak
2. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING IS THE INDIA’S FIRST RESUSABLE SPACE SHUTTLER?
3. WHO IS THE PRESIDENT OF IRAN?
a. Syed Ahemed
b. Hassan Ahemed
c. Hassan Rouhani
d. None of these
4. “CHABAHAR PORT” IS LOCATED IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRY?
5. WHO IS THE CHAIRMAN OF IEPF AUTHORITY OF INDIA?
a. Tapan Ray
b. Raghuram Rajan
c. U.S Paliwal
d. Gyan Bhusan
6. HOW MANY TIMES JAYALALITHAA HAS BEEN ELECTED ASTHE CHIEF MINISTER OF TAMIL NADU?
7. IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATE OF INDIA “ SMALL VILLAGE” PROGRAM HAS BEEN LAUNCHED?
a. Himanchal Pradesh
b. Uttar Pradesh
8. WHO HAS BECOME THE NEW BCCI CHIEF ?
a. Shashank Manohar
b. Anurag Thakur
c. Ajay Shirke
d. U.K Sinha
9. WHO HAS BEEN APPOINTED AS THE NEW SECRETARY OF BCCI?
a. Shashank Manohar
b. Kapil Dev
c. Sunil Gavaskar
d. Ajay Shirke
10. “YUG KAVI SIDDHICHARAN” AWARD HAS BEEN GIVEN TO_____________?
a. Pawan Chamling
b. Pawan Kumar
c. K.P Oli Sharma
d. None of these
1. b 2. a 3. c 4. d 5. a 6. c 7. c 8. b 9. d 10. a
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –23,24 OCTOBER 1. Which city recently bestowed honorary citizenship on Dalai Lama? a) Venice b)...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 19 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. BCCI PRESIDENT ANURAG THAKUR APPIONTEED ME...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN