Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs DAILY GK UPDATE Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 MAY 2016
Thursday, May 26, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIA, THAILAND, MYANMAR TO BE CONNECTED BY A 1400-KM ROAD
i. India, Myanmar and Thailand will be connected by a 1,400-kilometre highway, to promote the trade and cultural exchanges in these countries.
ii. It is the first time that when India going to connect South East Asian nations by road.
2. INDIA IMPOSES BAN FOR TRAVEL TO LIBYA
i. India has banned Indians from travelling to Libya, irrespective of the purpose of the visit, in view of the prevailing security situation in that country.
ii. The decision is taken due to security threats and challenges to lives of Indian nationals in Libya
iii. Large number of people is killed in clashes between unity government forces and fighters of the Islamic State jihadist group.
3. BJP LEADER SARBANANDA SONOWAL TAKES OATH AS ASSAM CM
i. In Assam, BJP leader Sarbananda Sonowal has taken oath as the Chief Minister.
ii.BJP has made its first victory in North Eastern part of the country .
Governor of Assam: PB Acharyya.
4. NGT BANS OVER 10-YEAR-OLD LIGHT, HEAVY DIESEL VEHICLES IN SIX KERALA CITIES
i. National Green Tribunal has banned use of light and heavy diesel vehicles, which are more than 10 years old, in six major cities.
ii. These cities are Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Thrissur, Kochi, Kozhikode and Kannur.
iii. The state government will not to register any diesel vehicle in the capacity of 2000 CC and more, except public transport and local authority vehicles.
5. 13 NEW SMART CITIES UNVEILED BY GOVERNMENT
i. Thirteen cities have been selected in the first phase of the government’s smart cities mission.
ii. These cities includes Lucknow, Warangal, Bhagalpur, New Town Kolkata , agartala,Chandigarh, Faridabad, Raipur,Imphal, Ranchi, Warangal, Port Blair and Panaji.
iii. Earlier in January the first 20 smart cities were announced by the urban development ministry.
iv. But it came under fire for leaving out non BJP states such as Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and West Bengal.
6. E-MUNICIPAL COUNCIL' BUILDING TO START UP IN BUNDI, RAJASTHAN
i. Rajasthan's Bundi is going to have an 'e-municipal council' to provide files and detailed of municipal council online.
ii. The city's municipal data files can be accessed from anywhere on phones and computers.
iii. An 'e-municipal council' office is equipped with solar panels and biometric entry.
7. FIFA'S ACTING SECRETARY GENERAL MARKUS KATTNER DISMISSED OVER BONUS PAYMENTS
i. FIFA acting Secretary General Markus Kattner was dismissed from his position with immediate effect.
ii. He was accused of paying himself bonuses worth millions of pounds.
iii. He joined FIFA in 2003 as Director of Finance, becoming Deputy Secretary General in 2007.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO IS THE PRESIDENT OF MAYANMAR?
a. Hitin Kyaw
b. Hitin Sein
c. Thein Sein
d. Thein Sein
2. WHAT IS THE CAPITAL OF THAILLAND?
3. THE PRESENT CM OF ASSAM ‘SARBANANDA SONOWAL’ IS SUCCEEDED BY WHICH OG THE FOLLOWING PERSON?
a. PB Acharya
b. Tarun Kumar Gogoi
c. Ajay Acharya
d. Manoj Shikre
4. RECENTLY, IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATE OF INDIA , NGT BANS OVER 10-YEAR-OLD LIGHT & HEAVY VEHICLES?
a. Tamil Nadu
5. HOW MANY CITIES HAVE BEEN SELECTED IN THE FIRST PHASE OF GOVERNMENT’S SMART CITIES LIST?
6. “E-MUNICIPAL COUNCIL” OFFICE HAS BEEN SETUP IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING CITY OF INDIA?
a. Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
b. Bundi, Rajasthan
c. New Delhi
d. Mumbai, Maharashtra
7. RECENTLY, WHO HAS BEEN APPOINTED AS THE NEW CMD OF NATIONAL POWER CORPORATION OF INDIA?
a. M.K Sharma
b. P.K Sharma
c. B.K Sharma
d. S.K Sharma
8. WHAT DOES IMA STAND FOR____________?
a. Indian Military Academy
b. Indian Management Academy
c. Indian Municipal Academy
d. None of these
9. RECENTLY, WHO HAS APPOINTED AS NEW COMMANDANT OF IMA?
a. General SS Saini
b. Lt. Gernail Singh
c. General MK Saini
d. General SK saini
10. ‘ ARJUNA AWARDS ‘ IS RELATED TO WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING FIELD?
a. Art & Culture
1. A 2. C 3. B 4. D 5. D 6. B 7. D 8. A 9. D 10. B
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. VIRAT KOHLI PRESENTED WITH ICC TEST CHAMPI...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN