DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 27 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. CABINET GIVES EX-POST FACTO APPROVAL TO THE MOU BETWEEN INDIA AND JAPAN
i. The Union Cabinet has given ex-post facto approval to the MoU between Indian and Japan for promoting sustainable, stable and low-carbon thermal power development in India.
ii. The MoU will help India to address issues and barriers in promoting sustainable stable and low-carbon thermal power development.
2. ISLAMIC BANKING TO DEBUT IN GUJARAT
i. Saudi Arabia based Islamic Development Bank is going to open its first branch in India at Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
ii. Its a part of MoU between EXIM Bank and IDB during PM Narendra Modi visit to UAE in April 2016.
iii. IDB will also make investments in small and medium enterprises of Gujarat.
iv. IDB's main objective is to bost the economic development and social progress of member countries as well as the Muslim community in accordance with principles of Shariah law.
3. WORLD LEADERS STARTED G7 TALKS WITH ECONOMY IN FOCUS
i. The World leaders started two days of G7 talks in Japan.
ii. They discussed about the declining global economy, terrorism and refugees crisis and China's controversial maritime claims,.
ii. Heads of state and government from the United States,france, Britain, Germany, Italy, Canada and host Japan participated in the meet.
4. SANIA MIRZA, BOPANNA AND PAES WON AT FRENCH OPEN
i. Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis won French open after defeating Daria Kasatkina and Alexandra Panova.
ii. Rohan Bopanna and Florin Mergea defeated Stephane Robert and Alexandre Sidorenko to won the event.
iii. Leander Paes and Marcin Matkowski defeated Aliaksandr Bury and Denis Istomin to won the French open.
5. INDIA FIFTH LARGEST PRODUCER OF E-WASTE
i. As per recent study conducted by Assocham-KPMG, India has emerged as the world’s fifth largest electronic waste producer.
ii. India discards roughly 18.5 lakh tonnes of e-waste each year.
iii. India being world’s second largest mobile market with more than 100 crore mobile phones in circulation.
iv. Every year 25 percent of mobiles end up in e-waste annually.
6. PINARAYI VIJAYAN SWORN IN AS KERALA CM
i. Communist Party of India(M) leader Pinarayi Vijayan has taken oath as the CM of Kerala.
ii. He has been elected to the state assembly five times and won this year's election from Dharmadam constituency by a margin of 36,000 votes.
7. UNION HRD MINISTRY TO LAUNCH ASMITA, STUDENT TRACKING SYSTEM
i. The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development is going to launch ASMITA, a student tracking system programme.
ii. ASMITA stands for All School Monitoring Individual Tracing Analysis will be launched under Shala Asmita Yojana .
iii. It aims to track the educational journey of school students from Class I to Class XII across the 15 lakhs private and government schools in the country.
iv. It will be a online database which will carry information of student attendance and enrolment, learning outcomes, mid-day meal service and infrastructural facilities among others.
8. WORLD FIRST HUMANITARIAN SUMMIT HELD AT ISTANBUL,
i. The first-ever World Humanitarian Summit was held in Istanbul from 23 to 24th May
ii. The conferenece held first time after World War II.
iii. The summit was inaugurated by the UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
iv. The purpose of summit to improve the humanitarian responses to crises such as
a. preventing and ending conflict
b. respecting the rules of war
c. achieving gender equality
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING CITY OF INDIA, SAUDI ARABIA BASED ISLAMIC DEVELOPMENT BANK IS GOING TO OPENS ITS FIRST BRANCH?
a. Ahemdabad , Gujarat
b. GandhiNagar, Gujrat
c. Mumbai, Maharashtra
d. New Delhi
2. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRY IS NOT A MEMBER OF “G-7”?
b. United States
3. THE FAMOUS PLAYERS OF TENNIS “DARIA KASATKINA” & “ALEXANDRA PANOVA” BELONG TO WHICH COUNTRY?
4. THE NEW CM OF KERELA “PINARAYI VIJAYAN” HAS BEEN REPLACED BY WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING PERSON?
a. V.S Achuthanandan
b. Oommen Chandy
c. AK Antony
d. E.K Nayanar
5. UNDER WHICH SCHEME “ASMIT” HAS BEEN LAUNCHED?
d. none of these
6. WHO IS THE PRESENT UNION MINISTER OF HRD MINISTER?
a. Meneka Gandhai
b. Sushma Swaraj
c. Smiriti Irani
d. Smiriti Shah
7. WHERE “WORLD FIRST HUMANITARIAN SUMMIT” HELD?
c. Washington D.C
8. WHO INAUGURATED “WORLD HUMANITARIAN SUMMIT”?
b. Brack Obama
c. Queen Elizabeth
d. Xi- Jinping
1. A 2. D 3. C 4. B 5. A 6. C 7. B 8. A