REASONING QUIZ 20 FOR SBI CLERK & PO –MIX TOPICS
Directions (1-3): Study the following questions carefully and answer the questions given below:
Y 4 8 A @ D F 3 # R N 1 M © W P § J 2 E 5 Z * 6 Q B 7 $ H U 9 I K
1. Which of the following is seventh to the right of nineteenth from the right end of the above arrangement?
2 . Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on their positions in the above arrangement and so form a group. Which of the following does not belong to that group?
3. How many such consonants are there in the above arrangement each of which is immediately preceded by a symbol and immediately followed by a letter?
(5) More than three
Directions (4-7): In the following questions, the symbols @, $, %, # and © are used with the following meanings
‘A @ B’ means ‘A is not smaller than B’.
‘A $ B’ means ‘A is not greater than B’.
‘A % B’ means ‘A is neither smaller than nor equal to B’.
‘A # B’ means ‘A is neither greater than nor equal to B’.
‘A © B’ means ‘A is neither smaller than nor greater than B’.
In each of the following questions assuming the given statements to be true, find out which of the two conclusions I and II given below them is/are definitely true. Give answer—
1] If only conclusion I is true.
2] If only conclusion II is true.
3] If either conclusion I or conclusion II is true.
4] If neither conclusion I nor conclusion II is true.
5] If both conclusions I and II are true.
4. Statements: P $ Q, R @ S, S # P,
Conclusions: I. Q % R
II. P % R
5. Statements: A @ B, C $ A, B % D
Conclusions: I. B © C
II. D # A
6. Statements: G @ H, E % F, F # G,
Conclusions: I. H # F
II. E % G
7. Statements: K $ L, J © K, L % M
Conclusions: I. L © J
II. L % J
Directions (8-10): In each question below are two/three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the two/three given statements to be true even if they seen to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts. Give answer-
1) if only conclusion I follows
2) if only conclusion II follows
3) if either conclusion I or conclusion II follows
4) if neither conclusion I nor conclusion II follows
5) if both conclusion I and conclusion II follow
8. Statements: Some chairs are Tables
Some belts are chairs.
Conclusions: I. No Table is a belt.
II. All belts being Tables is a possibility.
9. Statements: All coins are bags.
All sheets are coins
No pen is a bag.
Conclusions: I. Some coins being pens is a possibility.
II. At least some bags are sheets.
10. Statements: No moon is a planet
Some stars are planet.
Conclusions: I. No moon is a star.
II. All stars are moons.
1.3, 2.1, 3.5, 4.4, 5.2, 6.4, 7.3, 8.2, 9.2, 10.4,