DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. MADHAVAN BECOMES GOODWILL AMBASSADOR FOR LEPRA INDIA
i. Bollywood Actor R Madhavan has become the goodwill ambassador of LEPRA India organization that fight against diseases like leprosy and tuberculosis.
ii. LEPRA India is a non-government organisation working in the fields of leprosy, malaria,tuberculosis, HIV or AIDS and community health.
iii. LEPRA Society works with the Central & State Government in various disease control programme.
2. CEAT CRICKET AWARDS 2016 ANNOUNCED
i. CEAT Cricket Awards 2016 were conferred on the players in Mumbai.
Some of the recipients of awards:
a. Former India captain Dilip Vengsarkar was conferred with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
b. England batsman Joe Root was named as the CEAT International Cricketer of the Year
c. India’s test captain Virat Kohli was named CEAT T20 Player of the Year.
d. International Batsman of the Year – Joe Root
e. International Bowler of the Year – Ravichandran Ashwin
f. ODI Cricketer of the Year – Martin Guptill
g. T20 Player of the Year – Virat Kohli
h. Indian Cricketer of the Year – Rohit Sharma
i. Test Cricketer of the Year – Kane Williamson
3. AR RAHMAN CONFERRED WITH JAPAN'S FUKUOKA PRIZE 2016
i. Indian music composer AR Rahman was honored with the Japan's Fukuoka prize 2016.
ii. The award is given for his outstanding contribution towards creating, preserving and showcasing South Asian traditional fusion music.
iii. In 2015 noted Indian Historian Ramchandra Guha was conferred with Fukuoka Prize in academic category.
4. WORLD NO TOBACCO DAY 2016 OBSERVED ON 31ST MAY
i. 31 May is observed as World No Tobacco Day
ii. The World Health Organisation called countries to get ready for plain packaging of tobacco products.
5. ADMIRAL SUNIL LANBA TAKES CHARGE AS 21ST NAVY CHIEF
i. Admiral Sunil Lanba appointed as new navy chief.
ii. He will replace Admiral RK Dhowan.
iii. Earleir he was the Commander-in-Chief of the Southern Naval Command at Kochi.
6. GURPREET SINGH SANDHU BECOMES FIRST INDIAN TO PLAY IN TIPPELIGAEN
i. National football team goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu became the first Indian to play top-tier European football league match.
ii. He played for Norwegian side Stabaek FC in Norwegian Premier League (Tippeligaen) .
iii. He played his first Tippeligaen (Norwegian Premier League) for Stabaek FC.
iv. Tippeligaen is a Norwegian professional league for association football clubs.
7. ALASTAIR COOK BECOMES YOUNGEST CRICKETER TO SCORE 10000 TEST RUNS
i. England cricket captain Alastair Cook became youngest Cricketer to score 10000 test runs.
ii. He made the record on the fourth day of the second test against Sri Lanka.
iii. The previous record was held by Indian legend Sachin Tendulkar who reached the landmark score against Pakistan at Eden Gardens in 2005.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. LEPRA INDIA ORGANIZATION IS WORKING FOR WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING PURPOSE?
a. Finance and Banking
b. Pollution and environment
c. Leprosy, Malaria, Tuberculosis, HIV and Community Health
d. All of the above
2. WHO HAS BECOME “GOODWILL AMBASSADOR” FOR LEPRA INDIA?
b. Amitabh Bacchan
c. Nana Patekar
d. Rajani Kanth
3. ‘JOE ROOT’ HAS RECEIVED “INTERNATIONAL BATSMAN OF THE YEAR” AWARD BY CEAT?
c. New Zealand
4. WHO IS AWARDED AS THE “INDIA CRICKETER OF THE YEAR,2016” BY CEAT?
a. Virat Kohli
b. Ishan Sharma
c. Rohit Sharma
d. Ashish Nehra
5. “JAPAN’S FUKUOKA PRIZE 2016” HAS BEEN GIVEN TO WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING PERSON?
a. Amitabh Bacchan
b. Narendra Modi
c. Ramachandra Guha
d. AR Rehman
6. ON 31ST WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING DAY IS BEING OBSERVED?
a. No Smoking Day
b. No Liquor Consumption Day
c. No Tobacco Day
d. National Health Day
7. “TIPPELIGAEN” IS ASSOCIATED WITH WHICH GAME?
8. WHO BECOMES 1ST INDIAN TO PLAY IN TIPPELIGAEN?
a. Gurpreet Kaur
b. Gurmeet Singh Sandhu
c. Gurpreet Singh Sandhu
d. None of these
9. THE FAMOUS PLAYER “ALASTAIR COOK” FROM ENGLAND BELONGS TO WHICH GAME?
10. WHO TOOK CHARGE AS A 21ST NAVY CHIEF?
a. RK Dhowan
b. Anil Lanba
c. BK Dhowan
d. Sunil Lanba
1.C 2. A 3. B 4. C 5. D 6. C 7. B 8. C 9. A 10. D