DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 10 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. AXIS BANK LAUNCHES INDIA’S FIRST CERTIFIED GREEN BOND AT LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE
i. Axis Bank has launched India’s first internationally-listed certified green bond to finance climate change solutions around the world at London Stock Exchange.
ii. The fund of the bond will be invested by Axis Bank in green energy, transportation, and infrastructure projects.
iii. Green Bonds are debt instruments which help issuer to get capital while the investors receive fixed income in the form of interest.
2. MAHARASHTRA TO OBSERVE 21ST OF EVERY MONTH AS YOGA DAY
i. Maharashtra government has decided to celebrate the 21st day of every month as Yoga day in all schools, colleges and universities in the state.
ii. It is also decided that every district will have to set up a Yoga Day committee at their levels to plan 'Yoga Mahotsav' every year in between January 12-21.
3. INTERNET SAATHI, A JOINT INITIATIVE OF GOOGLE AND TATA HAS LAUNCHED IN WEST BENGAL
i. Internet search engine Google and Tata Trusts’ joint initiative Internet Saathi was launched in Kolkata, West Bengal.
ii. The initiative aims at reducing the digital gender gap in rural areas of India
iii. The initiative is already active in villages across five states in India, namely Rajasthan, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.
4. MAJOR GENERAL PER LODIN APPOINTED TO HEAD UN MILITARY OBSERVER GROUP IN INDIA AND PAKISTAN
i. Per Lodin, Major General of Sweden has been appointed as the Head of the UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan
ii. Lodin's appointment was approved by United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
5. AKHIL SHARMA WINS €100,000 DUBLIN INTERNATIONAL LITERARY AWARD
i. Indian American author Mr. Akhil Sharma has won the 2016 International DUBLIN Literary Award for his novel 'family life'.
ii. The Award is the world’s largest prize for a single novel published in English.
6. WORLD'S HIGHEST-PAID ATHLETES CRISTIANO RONALDO TOPS FORBES 2016 LIST
i. Real Madrid Cristiano Ronaldo has become the first athlete to top in Forbes annual list of the World's Highest-Paid Athletes.
ii. Ronaldo topped withh earnings of 88 million US Dollars.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHAT IS THE GROWTH RATE ESTIMATED BY WORLD BANK OF 2016?
2. WHAT IS THE RANKING OF INDIA ACCORDING TO “GLOBAL PEACE INDEX”?
3. WHO IS THE CEO OF ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK?
a. Haruhiko Kuruda
b. Takehiku Nakao
c. MV Kamath
d. Jim Kim Yong
4. WHAT IS THE AMOUNT OF LOAN GIVEN BY ADB TO INDIA FOR THE IRRIGATION SYSTEM IN TAMIL NADU?
a. $150 million
b. $ 250 million
c. $ 200 million
d. $ 100 million
5. WHICH RIVER DELTA IS CALLED AS “RICE BOWL” OF TAMIL NADU?
6. WHAT IS THE RANK OF INDIA IN 2016 MALAWARE INFECTION INDEX?
7. “G KALYANAKRISHNAN” APPOINTED AS NEW CEO OF NUCLEAR FUEL COMPLEX. HE HAS SUCCEEDED WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING PERSONS?
a. Swami Gopal Krishana
b. Dr. R Radhakrishnan
c. Nudurupati Saibaba
d. None of these
8. NAME THE DRUG WHOSE CONSUMPTION CAUSED THE BAN OF FAMOUS TENNIS PLAYER ‘MARIA SHARAPOVA’?
a . Tamsulosin
1. A 2. C 3. B 4. D 5. C 6. A 7. C 8. B