Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 11 JUNE 2016
Monday, June 13, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 11 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. WORLD BANK CUTS GLOBAL GROWTH FORECAST TO 2.4 %
i. The World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim has slashed the global growth forecast of 2016 by 0.5 % to 2.4 %
ii. The world economy will grow at 2.4% in 2016 and at 2.8% in 2017.
iii. The forecasted rate has been declined due to low commodity prices and weak global trade.
iii. But India will remain one of the fastest growing major economies, ahead of China, for the next three years.
2. INDIA RANKED 141 ON GLOBAL PEACE INDEX
i. India has been ranked 141 on the 2016 Global Peace Index.
ii. The first place is grabbed by iceland and Serbia placed on the 163 rank.
iii. Last year India was ranked at 143 place.
3. INDIA BECOMES THIRD LARGEST OIL CONSUMER
i. According to the reports of World Energy India has surpassed Japan to become the world’s third-largest oil consumer.
ii. The largest consumer of oil in world is the United States, China and India.
4. ADB APPROVES $100 MN LOAN FOR IRRIGATION SYSTEM IN TN
i. Asian Development Bank has approved a USD 100 million loan to strengthen a key irrigation system and improve water management in Tamil Nadu.
ii. The Cauvery delta on the east coast of Tamil Nadu, is known as the ‘rice bowl’ of the state.
iii. 70 % of the delta population engaged in farming and fishing, but access to water is unreliable and flooding common during the monsoon season.
5. PAKISTAN TOPS IN 2016 MALWARE INFECTION INDEX
i. Pakistan has topped the list of 19 countries in the 2016 Malware Infection Index in the Asia-Pacific region.
ii. Indai was placed in the index at 8th position.
iii. The index highlights the key malware threats in the Asia-Pacific region.
6. G KALYANAKRISHNAN APPOINTED AS NEW CHIEF EXECUTIVE FOR NUCLEAR FUEL COMPLEX
i. G Kalyanakrishnan has been appointed as New Chief Executive of Nuclear Fuel Complex , Hyderabad.
ii. He has replaced N. Saibaba, who retired on completion of two years of the extended period of service.
7. SHARAPOVA BANNED FOR TWO YEARS OVER DOPING
i. Maria Sharapova Russian tennis player was banned for two years by the International Tennis Federation.
ii. The ban is imposed on her after she got tested positive at the Australian Open 2016 in Anti doping test.
iii. She was using a drug banned in sports named meldonium.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. A DEBT INSTRUMENT WHICH HELP ISSUERS TO GET CAPITAL WHILE INVESTORS RECEIVE FIXED INCOME IN FORM OF INTEREST IS CALLED AS _________________.
a. White bond
b. Green bond
c. Gold bond
d. Silver bond
2. WHICH PRIVATE BANK HAS LAUNCHED INDIA’S FIRST CERTIFIED GREEN BOND?
a. HDFC Bank
b. Yes Bank
c. Federal Bank
d. Axis Bank
3. WHICH STATE OF INDIA WILL OBSERVE ‘21ST OF EVERY MONTH AS YOGA DAY’?
4. IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATES OF INDIA , ‘ INTERNET SATHI’ A JOINT INITIATIVE OF GOOGLE AND TATA HAS NOT BEEN LAUNCHED?
a. West Bengal
5. MAJOR GENERAL’ PER LODIN’ HAS BEEN APPOINTED AS HEAD OF UN MILITARY OBSERVER GROUP IN INDIA &PAKISTAN?
6. ‘AKHIL SHARMA’ WINS DUBLIN INTERNATIONAL LITERARY AWARD FOR WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING NOVELS?
a. Family Life
b. Life Journey
c. Journey of Life
d. Life of Family
7. THE FAMOUS FOOTBALL PLAYER ‘CRISTIANO RONALDO’ BELONGS TO WHICH COUNTRY?
c. Real Madrid
1. B 2. D 3. A 4. B 5. D 6. A 7. C
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
To Access File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 5 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD’S LARGEST BIRD FESTIVAL IN AGRA i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 4 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. DELHI AIRPORT WORLD'S 22ND MOST CONNECT...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. AKODARA IN GUJARAT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST DI...