DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. WORLD DAY AGAINST CHILD LABOUR HAS BEEN OBSERVED ON 12TH JUNE
i. Every year the World Day against Child Labour has been Observed on 12th of June.
ii The day was started by the International Labour Organisation to focus attention on the global extent of child labour and the action and efforts needed to eliminate it.
iii. The theme for this year is 'End child labour in supply chains - It's everyone's business.'
2. INDIA, JAPAN AND US STARTED MALABAR EXERCISE NEAR THE SOUTH CHINA SEA
i. India, Japan and US have started the Malabar Exercise, near to the South China Sea.
ii. The exercise aims to achieve deeper military ties and greater interoperability amid rising tensions in the region.
iii. In last year 2015 the exercise is conducted in Chennai and included the participation of Japan.
3. AAI HONOURED WITH THE NATIONAL AWARD FOR BEST PERFORMING CENTRAL PSU FOR GREEN ENERGY INITIATIVES
i. The Airports Authority of India has been honoured with the National Award for Best Performing Central PSU for Roof Top Solar Power initiatives.
ii. It has installed 4.8 megawatt peak power rooftop solar plants at 13 airports.
Minister of State for Power, Coal and Renewable Energy: Piyush Goyal.
4. GOVERNMENT FORMS PANEL ON PSU EXECUTIVES PAY REVISION
i. The Government of India has constituted a committee to make recommendations on pay scale revision of executives in PSUs.
ii. The panel's suggestions will be submitted within six months of its constitution, and the government's decision on them will take effect from January 1, 2017.
iii. The last pay revision for the executives came into effect in 2007.
5. TELANGANA TO SET UP 12,500-ACRE PHARMA CITY NEAR HYDERABAD
i. The CM of Telangana state Mr. K. Chandrashekhar Rao has announced Telangana is going to set up a 'Pharma City' on 12,500 acres of land in Rangareddy and Mahbubnagar districts.
ii. The state already has been the drugs capital of the country with almost one-third of the total production in value terms.
iii. The proposed park will attract all pharmaceutical manufacturing companies in telangana.
6. 'SANSAD RATNA' AWARDS CONFERRED ON 5 MPS
i. Four first time Lok Sabha MPs were among five Parliamentarians who were honoured with the 'Sansad Ratna' Awards for their performance in Parliament.
ii. The award was were given to five Lok Sabha MPs and one former Rajya Sabha member.
iii. The receipents of the awards are:
a. PP Chaudhary,
b. Heena Vijaykumar Gavit,
c. Shrirang Appa Barne,
d. Raajeev Shankarrao Satav,
e. Shivaji Adhalrao Patil
f. P Rajeev
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING PSUS HAVE BEEN HONOURED WITH ‘NATIONAL AWARD’ FOR BEST PERFORMING CENTRAL PSU FOR ROOF TOP SOLAR POWER INITIATIVES?
a. Airport Authority of India
b. Air India Engineering Services
c. Air India Limited
d. Antrix Corporation
2. WHICH STATE KNOWN AS ‘DRUG CAPITAL OF INDIA’?
a. Himachal Pradesh
b. Tamil Nadu
3. WHO IS THE GOVERNOR OF TELANGANA?
a. ESL Narasimhan
b. Kiran Bedi
c. Shila Dixit
d. Mridula Sinha
4. NAME THE CEO OF ‘CAXIA BANK’?
a. Alexendra Josheph
b. Gonzalo Cortazar
c. Niano Cortazar
d. None of these
5. RECENTLY, SBI SIGNED MOU WITH CAXIA BANK TO ENHANCE BUSINESS SYNERGIES . WHERE IS THE HEADQUARTER OF CAXIA BANK LOCATED AT?
a. Barcelona, Spain
b. London. UK
c. Dubai, Saudi Arabia
d. Dhaka , Bangladesh
6. AMONG THE ‘SANSAD RATAN’ AWARDEES , WHICH ONE OF THE FOLLOWING IS THE FORMER MEMBER OF RAJYA SABHA?
a. PP Choudhary
b. RS Satav
c. P Rajeev
d. H. Vijaykumar Gavit
1. A 2. D 3. A 4. B 5. A 6. C