DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. PRESIDENT MUKHERJEE RECEIVES THE HIGHEST CIVILIAN AWARD OF IVORY COAST
i. President Pranab Mukherjee has been awarded the highest civilian award of Ivory Coast, 'the National Grand Crois’.
ii. The award was given on his two days visit to Ivory Coast on the second leg of his three-nation African tour.
iii. It is the first ever high-level visit from India to Ivory Coast.
President of Ivory Coast : Alassane Ouattara.
2. CABINET APPROVES SBI TAKEOVER OF UNITS
i. A cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the takeover by State Bank of India of several subsidiaries.
ii. SBI wants to take over five units as well as state-run Bharatiya Mahila Ban\
iii. This is the first move to consolidate the country's struggling public sector banks.
3. INDIA TO PROVIDE RS 48 MILLIONN AID FOR COLLEGE BUILDING IN NEPAL
i. India has pledged a financial assistance of Rs 48.84 million to Nepal for the construction of a college building in the capital Kathmandu.
ii. The ambassador of India to Nepal Ranjit Rae laid the foundation stone of the building the Campus in Kathmandu district.
iii. The campus building is constructed with financial aid from India and the project is being implemented through District Development Committee of Kathmandu.
4. JAL MARG VIKAS PROJECT ON RIVER GANGA TO ENABLE COMMERCIAL NAVIGATION
i. Jal Marg Vikas is a project on the river Ganga that is being developed between Allahabad and Haldia to cover a distance of 1620 kilometers.
ii. The project is being implemented with technical and investment support from World Bank.
iii. It envisages the development of a fairway with three metres depth which would enable commercial navigation of at least 1500 ton vessels on the river.
iv. The construction of multimodal terminals, jetties, river information system, channel marking, navigational lock, river training and conservancy works are to be undertaken as part of the project.
5. UNION GOVERNMENT LAUNCHES SCHEME FOR SETTING UP 1000 MW CTU- CONNECTED WIND POWER PROJECT
i. The Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has launched a scheme for setting up of 1000 Mega Watt Wind Power Project connected to transmission network of Central Transmission Utility
ii. The objective of the scheme is to facilitate the supply of wind power to the non-windy states at a price discovered through the transparent bidding process.
6. DCB BANK LAUNCHES AADHAAR ENABLED ATM IN BENGALURU
i. DCB Bank has launched Bengaluru's first ATM that accepts Aadhaar number and Aadhaar fingerprint (biometric) instead of ATM/Debit Card and PIN to dispense cash.
ii. The "cardless and PIN less" ATM was launched by former Chairman of the Unique Identification Authority of India, Nandan Nilekani.
iii. The Bank pilot launched India's first aadhaar based ATM in Mumbai.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. ‘THE NATIONAL GRAND CROIS’ IS THE HIGHEST CIVILIAN AWARD OF WHICH COUNTRY?
a. Ivory Coast
2. WHO IS THE AMBASSADOR OF INDIA TO NEPAL?
a. Manjit Rae
b. Ranjit Rae
c. Dinesh Oli
d. Sultan Cosi
3. WHO IS THE PRESIDENT OF IVORY COAST?
a. Alassane Quattara
b. Nimah Quattara
c. Miah Cosi
d. Sultan Cosi
4. WHAT AMOUNT OF LOAN HAS BEEN PROVIDED BY INDIA TO NEPAL FOR BUILDING OF COLLEGE?
a. Rs 58 million
b. Rs 68 million
c. Rs 48 million
d. Rs 78 million
5. ‘JAL MARG VIKAS ‘PROJECT ON RIVER GANGA IS BEING DEVELOPED BETWEEN WHICH TWO CITIES?
6. WHICH BANK LAUNCHED “ADHAR ENABLE ATM” IN BENGALURU?
a. HDFC bank
b. DCB bank
c. Kotak Mahindra bank
d. All of the above
1. A 2. B 3. A 4. C 5. D 6. B