DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 16 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. SBI, CAIXABANK INK PACT TO FUND INDO-SPANISH JOINT VENTURES
i. State Bank of India and Spain's CaixaBank have inked pact to provide loans to Indo-Spanish joint ventures and local enterprises.
ii. The countries have signed the Mou to enhance business synergies.
iii. The banks will also cooperate through an introduction of business opportunities and partnering on possible infrastructure funds.
iv. Under this programme the banks will collaborate in areas of mutual interest such as syndicated loan business, guarantee transactions, trade finance and export credit agency finance, infrastructure finance and networking services.
2. BIHAR CHIEF MINISTER NITISH KUMAR LAUNCHED CHILD LABOUR TRACKING SYSTEM
i. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has inaugurated 'Child Labour Tracking System '.
ii. The system is launched in order to keep a track of rescued child labour for their proper rehabilitation
iii. The government ius providing financial assistance of Rs.25000 money that will directly go to children's bank account.
3. ISRAEL FOR THE FIRST TIME WINS UN COMMITTEE CHAIR
i. Israel has been elected to chair a UN committee for the first time in the world body's 71-year history.
ii. It faced a strong protests from Arab countries and the Palestinians.
iii. Israeli Ambassador Danny Danon won the chair of the legal affairs committee of the General Assembly by getting 109 votes from the 193 member-states.
4. INDIAN MEN'S 4X400M RELAY TEAM BREAKS 18-YEAR-OLD NATIONAL RECORD
i. The Indian men's 4x400m relay team has created a new national record, clocking 3:02.17 at the International Sprint and Relay Teams Cup at Erzurum, Turkey.
ii. The team improved the previous record of 3:02.62 set at the 1998 Asian Games in Bangkok.
iii. The 4×400 metres relay or long relay is an athletics track event in which teams consist of four runners who each complete 400 metres or one lap.
5. DBS BANK APPOINTS NIRAJ MITTAL AS INSTITUTIONAL BANKING HEAD
i. DBS Bank India, has announced the appointment of Mr. Niraj Mittal as the Managing Director and Head of Institutional Banking for the country.
ii. He will be taking care of scaling up business with institutional banking clients by driving both new client acquisition and deepening existing relationships.
6. PETER THOMSON ELECTED AS THE PRESIDENT OF 71ST SESSION OF UNITED NATIONS GENERAL ASSEMBLY
i. Fijian diplomat Peter Thomson has been elected as the President of 71st session of United Nations General Assembly.
ii. In the secret ballot election for the post, Peter Thomson defeated Andreas Mavroyiannis of Cyprus by 94 to 90 votes, with one abstention.
iii. Thomson will replace incumbent President Mogens Lykketoft.
7. INDIA SET FOR THE MAIDEN SHOW AT U17 FUTSAL WORLD CUP
i. India are set to make their maiden appearance in the Under 17 Futsal World Cup next month.
ii. The competition, among futsal's biggest global events, is to be held from July 11-20 in Paraguay, with India one among a total of 12 competing countries.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. “CHILD LABOUR TRACKING SYSTEM” HAS BEEN LAUNCHED BY WHICH STATE OF INDIA?
d. Uttar Pradesh
2. NAME THE CAPITAL OF ISRAEL?
3. RECENTLY, WHO IS ELECTED AS THE PRESIDENT OF 71ST SESSION OF UN GENERAL ASSEMBLY?
a. Sam Kutesa
b. Peter Thomas
c. Ali Treki
d. Jan Kavan
4. ‘DBS BANK’ HEADQUARTER LOCATED AT?
5. RECENTLY, MR. NIRAJ MITTAL HAS BEEN APPOINTED AS MD & HEAD OF INSTITUTIONAL BANKING OF WHICH FOREIGN BANK?
a. Caixa Bank
b. DBS bank
c. HSBC bank
d. Federal Reserve bank
6. HOW MANY VOTES HAS ISRAEL BAGGED FROM THE 193 COUNTRY MEMBERS TO WIN SEAT IN UN COMMITTEE?
1. C 2. A 3. B 4. D 5. B 6. C