Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 16 JUNE 2016
Saturday, June 18, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 16 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. SBI, CAIXABANK INK PACT TO FUND INDO-SPANISH JOINT VENTURES
i. State Bank of India and Spain's CaixaBank have inked pact to provide loans to Indo-Spanish joint ventures and local enterprises.
ii. The countries have signed the Mou to enhance business synergies.
iii. The banks will also cooperate through an introduction of business opportunities and partnering on possible infrastructure funds.
iv. Under this programme the banks will collaborate in areas of mutual interest such as syndicated loan business, guarantee transactions, trade finance and export credit agency finance, infrastructure finance and networking services.
2. BIHAR CHIEF MINISTER NITISH KUMAR LAUNCHED CHILD LABOUR TRACKING SYSTEM
i. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has inaugurated 'Child Labour Tracking System '.
ii. The system is launched in order to keep a track of rescued child labour for their proper rehabilitation
iii. The government ius providing financial assistance of Rs.25000 money that will directly go to children's bank account.
3. ISRAEL FOR THE FIRST TIME WINS UN COMMITTEE CHAIR
i. Israel has been elected to chair a UN committee for the first time in the world body's 71-year history.
ii. It faced a strong protests from Arab countries and the Palestinians.
iii. Israeli Ambassador Danny Danon won the chair of the legal affairs committee of the General Assembly by getting 109 votes from the 193 member-states.
4. INDIAN MEN'S 4X400M RELAY TEAM BREAKS 18-YEAR-OLD NATIONAL RECORD
i. The Indian men's 4x400m relay team has created a new national record, clocking 3:02.17 at the International Sprint and Relay Teams Cup at Erzurum, Turkey.
ii. The team improved the previous record of 3:02.62 set at the 1998 Asian Games in Bangkok.
iii. The 4×400 metres relay or long relay is an athletics track event in which teams consist of four runners who each complete 400 metres or one lap.
5. DBS BANK APPOINTS NIRAJ MITTAL AS INSTITUTIONAL BANKING HEAD
i. DBS Bank India, has announced the appointment of Mr. Niraj Mittal as the Managing Director and Head of Institutional Banking for the country.
ii. He will be taking care of scaling up business with institutional banking clients by driving both new client acquisition and deepening existing relationships.
6. PETER THOMSON ELECTED AS THE PRESIDENT OF 71ST SESSION OF UNITED NATIONS GENERAL ASSEMBLY
i. Fijian diplomat Peter Thomson has been elected as the President of 71st session of United Nations General Assembly.
ii. In the secret ballot election for the post, Peter Thomson defeated Andreas Mavroyiannis of Cyprus by 94 to 90 votes, with one abstention.
iii. Thomson will replace incumbent President Mogens Lykketoft.
7. INDIA SET FOR THE MAIDEN SHOW AT U17 FUTSAL WORLD CUP
i. India are set to make their maiden appearance in the Under 17 Futsal World Cup next month.
ii. The competition, among futsal's biggest global events, is to be held from July 11-20 in Paraguay, with India one among a total of 12 competing countries.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. “CHILD LABOUR TRACKING SYSTEM” HAS BEEN LAUNCHED BY WHICH STATE OF INDIA?
d. Uttar Pradesh
2. NAME THE CAPITAL OF ISRAEL?
3. RECENTLY, WHO IS ELECTED AS THE PRESIDENT OF 71ST SESSION OF UN GENERAL ASSEMBLY?
a. Sam Kutesa
b. Peter Thomas
c. Ali Treki
d. Jan Kavan
4. ‘DBS BANK’ HEADQUARTER LOCATED AT?
5. RECENTLY, MR. NIRAJ MITTAL HAS BEEN APPOINTED AS MD & HEAD OF INSTITUTIONAL BANKING OF WHICH FOREIGN BANK?
a. Caixa Bank
b. DBS bank
c. HSBC bank
d. Federal Reserve bank
6. HOW MANY VOTES HAS ISRAEL BAGGED FROM THE 193 COUNTRY MEMBERS TO WIN SEAT IN UN COMMITTEE?
1. C 2. A 3. B 4. D 5. B 6. C
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. VIRAT KOHLI PRESENTED WITH ICC TEST CHAMPI...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN