Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 JUNE 2016
Saturday, June 18, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. 17 JUNE IS OBSERVED AS WORLD DAY TO COMBAT DESERTIFICATION
i. The World Day to Combat Desertification is being observed on 17th June across the world.
ii. The day is observed to promote public awareness related to international cooperation to combat desertification and the effects of drought.
iii. The theme of the day is “Inclusive cooperation for achieving Land Degradation Neutrality”.
2. SUNIL MITTAL ELECTED AS CHAIRMAN OF INTERNATIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
i. The chief executive of Bharti Group, Sunil Bharti Mittal has been elected chairman of the International Chambers of Commerce.
ii. He replaced Terry McGraw.
iii. International Chambers of Commerce is the world’s largest business organisation that was founded in 1919.
Headquarters: Paris, France.
3. SENIOR IAS OFFICER SUPRIYA SAHU APPOINTED AS DIRECTOR GENERAL OF DOORDARSHAN
i. Senior IAS officer Supriya Sahu was appointed as Director General of Doordarshan.
ii. She would replace Aparna Vaish who was acting head of Doordharsan.
4. HOLLYWOOD ACTRESS ANNE HATHAWAY APPOINTED AS UN WOMEN GOODWILL AMBASSADOR
i. Hollywood actress Anne Hathaway was named as the Global Goodwill Ambassador for UN Women.
ii. She will focus her efforts on injustices mothers around the world and also challenging issues like unpaid leave, wage gaps and a lack of access to affordable childcare.
iii. Anne Hathaway Anne Hathaway is Hollywood actress and singer from United States.
iv. The UN Women agency work for promoting gender equality and the empowerment of women.
5. UNION CABINET APPROVES MOU BETWEEN ISRO AND CANADIAN SPACE AGENCY
i. The Union Cabinet has given approval for the Memorandum of Understanding between Indian Space Research Organization and Canadian Space Agency on cooperation in the field of outer space.
ii. It will help in the establishment of joint team, drawing members from CSA and ISRO.
iii. It will provide opportunities for diverse research and development in the field of peaceful uses of space technologies
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHICH DAY HAS THEME AS AN ‘INCLUSIVE COOPERATION FOR ACHIEVING LAND DEGRADATION NEUTRALITY’?
a. World Disaster Day
b. World Day to Combat Desertification
c. World Management day
d. None of these
2. RECENTLY, SUNIL MITTAL ELECTED AS CHAIRMAN OF INTERNATIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE. WHOM HE HAS REPLACED?
a. Terry Mcgraw
c. Rayan Booth
d. Shaleb Booth
3. WHERE IS HEADQUARTER OF INTERNATIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE?
a. New York, USA
b. Washington, USA
c. Rome, Italy
d. Paris, France
4. RECENTLY, WHO IS APPOINTED AS DIRECTOR GENERAL OF DOORDARSHAN?
a. Arpana Vaish
b. Supriya Sahu
c. Manpreet Saini
d. Animesh Saini
5. HOLLYWOOD ACTRESS “ANNE HATHWAY” IS RECENTLY APPOINTED AS AN AMBASSADOR TO WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONS?
a. UN Women goodwill
b. UN Women sport goodwill
c. UN peace
d. UN security
6. WHO IS THE PRESIDENT OF CANADIAN SPACE AGENCY?
a. Robert Lynn
b. Sylvain Lo Parte
c. Boondar Lynn
d. None of these
1. B 2. A 3. D 4. B 5. A 6. B
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. VIRAT KOHLI PRESENTED WITH ICC TEST CHAMPI...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –11,12 OCTOBER 1. Name the philanthropist and wife of Godrej group chairman Adi Godrej who passed away? ...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 11 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD MENTAL HEALTH DAY OBSERVED ON 10 TH ...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN