Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 17 JUNE 2016
Saturday, June 18, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 17 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. RAILWAYS FLAGS OFF 1ST TIME-TABLED FREIGHT TRAIN
i. Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has flagged off India's first timetabled freight train, named ‘Cargo Express’, from Delhi to Bengaluru.
ii. The move aims to reduce the delay and uncertainty over the time schedule for delivery of goods.
iii. Earlier passenger trains in the country used to get preference over goods trains for transportation across busy routes.
2. HRD MINISTER SMRITI IRANI LAUNCHES VIDYANJALI IN NEW DELHI
i. Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani has launched Vidyanjali, a school volunteer programme in New Delhi.
ii. Vidyanjali is an initiative under Padhe Bharat Badhe Bharat.
iii. The main aim is to enhance community and private sector involving government-run elementary schools across the country.
iv. Vidyanjali will help to bring change in the quality of education in schools.
3. 3,049 PEOPLE PERFORM LARGEST KARMA DANCE IN MADHYA PRADESH ENTERS GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS
i. During the recent event in District Mandla of Madhya Pradesh 3,049 people performed largest karma dance.
ii. The Karma dance is entered in Guinness book of world records for performing largest Karma Naach dance ever.
iii. The people took part in the dance to celebrate the culture and history of the Gond tribes of central India.
4. KIRAN BEDI LAUNCHES A MOBILE APP TO HELP SENIOR CITIZENS IN DISTRESS
i. The “HelpAge SOS App’’ was launched by Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi.
ii. The app provides for an SOS-Save our Seniors button to immediately reach to the counsellor desk of Help Age for rendering emergency help and assistance.
iii. It has 24x7 functionality and aims at helping elders in distress at any given time.
iv. The App will provide one-click emergency services to senior citizens.
5. RUSSIA LAUNCHES MOST POWERFUL NUCLEAR ICEBREAKER ARKTIKA
i. Russia's new Project 22220 nuclear-powered icebreaker dubbed Arktika was launched .
ii. It is the world’s largest and most powerful vessel of its kind.
6. MARGARET ATWOOD AWARDED 2016 PEN PINTER PRIZE
i. Canadian poet and novelist Margaret Atwood was awarded the 2016 PEN Pinter Prize.
ii. She has also been shortlisted for the Booker Prize five times, winning once for her novel The Blind Assassin.
iii. The PEN Pinter Prize is an annual literary award launched in honour of the late Nobel Literature Prize-winning playwright Harold Pinter.
7. 'A NEW WORLD' - THE OFFICIAL SLOGAN FOR RIO OLYMPICS
i. The Rio 2016 organising committee revealed the official slogan for the first Olympic and Paralympic Games in South America – “A new world” .
ii. For Rio 2016, the core values of the slogan and the manifesto are unity, respect for diversity and the will for change.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. INDIA’S 1ST TIME-TABLED FREIGHT TRAIN NAMED “CARGO EXPRESS” IS RUNNING WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING TWO STATIONS?
2. “VIDYANJALI”-A SCHOOL PROGRAM IS INITIATED UNDER WHICH GOVERNMENT SCHEME?
a. Swach Bharat Abhyan
b. Ujwal Yojna
c. Padhe Bharat Badhe Bharat
d. None of these
3. NAME THE CULTURAL DANCE FORM OF MADHAYA PRADESH WHICH HAS ENTERED ITS NAME IN GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS FOR PERFORMING LARGEST DANCE EVER?
4. WHICH APP IS LAUNCHED FOR HELPING SENIOR CITIZEN IN DISTRESS?
a. Help age senior
b. Help age SOS app
c. Senior citizen
d. Distress number
5. “MARGARET ATWOOD”, WINNER OF 2016 PEN PINTER PRIZE, HAS ALSO BEEN SHORTLISTED FOR WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING AWARDS?
a. Pultizer Award
b. Booker Prize
c. Nobel Prize
d. Literary Award
1. C 2. C 3. A 4. A 5. B
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25 NOVEMBER 1. Who will be the Chief Guest at the 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas? a) Antonio Costa b) Mich...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –26 NOVEMBER 1. India in recent past signed an agreement with which international agency to accept digital...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 23 RD NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. PORTUGUESE PRIME MINISTER TO BE THE CHIEF ...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 25 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. BANK DEPOSITS WITH RBI HIT RECORD HIGH AFTE...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN