Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 22 JUNE 2016
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 22 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. SRI LANKAN PRESIDENT AND PM NARENDRA MODI INAUGURATE DURAIAPPAH STADIUM IN JAFFNA
i. PM Narendra Modi with Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena have inaugurated Duraiappah Stadium in Jaffna.
ii. The renovation work of the stadium is funded by India.
iii. The newly renovated Duraiappah Stadium has been named in rememberance of a former Mayor of Jaffna late Alfred Thambirajah Duraiappah.
2. UNION MINISTRY OF AYUSH RELEASES YOG GEET FOR 2016 INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY
i. The Union Ministry of AYUSH Ministry has released a Yog Geet known as Yoga song for celebrating the second International Yoga Day on 21st June 2016.
ii. The Yoga song was selected from the 1,000 entries were received through a national-level competition organised by the AYUSH Ministry.
iii. It is the three-minute-15-seconds song in Hindi.
iv. It has been produced and written by Dheeraj Saraswat.
3. CHINA’S SUNWAY TAIHULIGHT DECLARED WORLD’S FASTEST SUPERCOMPUTER
i. Chinese supercomputer Sunway TaihuLight was declared as the world’s fastest supercomputer.
ii. Sunway TaihuLight is a supercomputer that can perform 93 petaflop operations per second.
iii. List of TOP Supercomputers
a. Sunway TaihuLight of china
b. Tianhe-2 of china
c. Titan of USA
4. KANNADA FILM ‘THITHI’ WINS BEST FILM AWARD IN 19TH SHANGHAI INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
i. ‘Thithi ‘, a Kannada film won the best film award and best script writers award at the Asia New Talent Awards in the Shanghai International Film Festival.
ii. It is the only Indian film that has been selected for screening in the festival of Shanghai.
5. FORMER CRICKETER CHETAN CHAUHAN NAMED AS NIFT CHAIRMAN
i. Former BJP MP Chetan Chauhan has been appointed as the Chairman of the National Institute of Fashion Technology.
ii. NIFT the premier fashion institute was set up in 1986.
iii. It comes under the Union Ministry of Textiles.
6. UNION GOVERNMENT BANS USE OF POTASSIUM BROMATE AS FOOD ADDITIVE
i. The Union Government banned use of potassium bromate as a food additive on recommendation of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India .
ii. Potassium bromated is a cancer causing chemical .
iii. According to the most commonly available brands of pre-packaged breads, pav and buns, tested positive for potassium bromate and potassium iodate.
7. SBI NAMED IN HALL OF SHAME LIST OF BANKS FUNDING CLUSTER BOMB MAKERS
i. The State Bank of India named in the Hall of Shame list of 158 banking institutions that have invested billions of dollars in companies making cluster bombs.
ii. State Bank of India is the only Indian bank on the list that includes global giants like JP Morgan, Barclays, Bank of America and Credit Suisse.
iii. The report looks at investments into companies involved in the production of cluster munitions.
iv. Cluster munition is a form of air-dropped or ground-launched explosive weapon that releases or ejects smaller submunitions.
v. These are designed to kill personnel and destroy vehicles.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHAT IS THE CURRENCY OF SRI LANKA?
2. DURAIAPPAH STADIUM IN JAFFNA WAS INAUGURATED BY PM NARENDRA MODI & SRI LANKAN PRESIDENT. NAME THE PRESIDENT OF SRI LANKA?
a. Mahinda Rajapaksa
b. Chandrika Kumartuvga
c. Maithripala Srisena
d. None of these
3. “YOG GEET” IS RELEASED ON 2ND INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY BY UNION MINISTERS OF AYUSH. WHAT IS THE TIME DURATION OF “YOG GEET”?
a. 2min 45 sec
b. 3min 15 sec
c. 4min 5sec
d. 3min 10sec
4. NAME THE WORLD’S FASTEST SUPERCOMPUTER WHICH IS LAUNCHED BY CHINA?
d. Sunway Taihulight
5. WHO IS THE DIRECTOR OF THE KANADA FILM ‘THITHI’ WHICH WON THE BEST FILM AWARD AT THE 19TH INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL, SHANGHAI?
a. Ram Gopal Verma
b. Raam Reddy
c. Gk Iyer
d. Both c & d
6. RECENTLY, WHO IS APPOINTED AS THE CHAIRMAN OF NIFT?
a. Chetan Chauhan
b. Chetan Kaushal
c. Chetan Bhagat
d. Chetan Singh
7. NAME THE CHEMICAL WHOSE ADDITION TO THE FOOD PRESERVATIVES CAUSES CANCER AND BAN BY UNION GOVERNMENT?
b. Potassium Chlorate
c. potassium Bromate
d. Potassium Chloride
1. A 2. C 3. B 4. D 5. B 6. A 7. C
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
To Access File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 5 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD’S LARGEST BIRD FESTIVAL IN AGRA i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. AKODARA IN GUJARAT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST DI...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN