DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 24 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. UNION CABINET EXTENDS THE DEADLINE OF UDAY SCHEME
i. The Union Cabinet has approved the extension of the deadline for implementing the Ujjwal Discom Assurance Yojana by a year to March 31, 2017.
ii. It is considered as a important step for providing 24X7 affordable and environment-friendly Power for All.
iii. The Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana is the scheme for providing financial assistance and revival package for electricity distribution companies of India.
2. FM ARUN JAITLEY TO VISIT CHINA TO ATTEND AIIB ANNUAL MEET
i. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is on a five-day visit to China to attend AIIB annual meet starting from 23rd of June.
ii. He will attend the first annual meeting of the board of governors.
iii. Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank was started with corpus of 100-billion US dollar.
3. UNION CABINET APPROVED THE ESTABLISHMENT OF FUND OF FUNDS FOR STARTUPS
i. The Union Cabinet has approved the establishment of Fund of Funds for Startups.
ii. The fund is establishment for funding the the Start-up India Action Plan.
iii. The plan was started in January 2016 to boost start-up ecosystem in the country.
5. ANDY MURRAY WON FIFTH TIME QUEEN'S CLUB TITLE
i. British tennis star Andy Murray has created history by grabbing the Queen's Club tournament for a record fifth time.
ii. He defeated Milos Raonic in final.
iii. He had earlier won the Championships in 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2015.
6. NAGPUR AND CHINA'S JINAN BECOME 'SISTER CITIES'
i. Nagpur and the Chinese city of Jinan have become 'sister cities' after signing a pact.
ii. It will allows the exchange of ideas and technology in the field of education, youth affairs, urban planning and sports.
iii. The agreement will allows Nagpur to seek financial assistance from Jinan to execute development projects.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. HOW MANY STATES OF INDIA HAVE JOINED UDAY SCHEME?
2. WHO IS THE PRESIDENT OF ASIAN INFRASTRUCTURE INVESTMENT BANK?
a. Jin Liqun
b. Jim Kong
c. Kong Yen
d. None of these
3. THE FAMOUS TENNIS PLAYER “MILOS RAONIC” BELONGS TO WHICH GAME?
4. “QUEEN’S CLUB TITLE” BELONGS TO WHICH GAME?
5. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING TWO CITIES OF INDIA & CHINA HAVE BECOME “SISTER CITIES” FOR EXCHANGE OF IDEAS AND TECHNOLOGY?
a. Mumbai & Bejing
b. New Delhi & Shanghai
c. Nagpur & Jinan
d. Pune & Jinan
1. C 2. A 3. B 4. D 5. C