Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 4 JUNE 2016
Saturday, June 4, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 4 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. BSE GETS RBI NOD TO START ONLINE BIDDING PLATFORM FOR SGBS
i. BSE has received the RBI approval to start an online bidding platform for Sovereign Gold Bond scheme.
ii. The exchange plans to offer an online bidding platform for collecting bids from members and their clients for the SGB issue.
iv. SGBs government securities denominated in grams of gold — offer an alternative to holding gold in physical form.
v. The bond is issued by RBI on behalf of government and investors can apply for the bonds.
2. INDIA AND US INK MOU TO BOOST ENERGY SECURITY AND CLEAN ENERGY COOPERATION
i. India and United States have signed an MoU to enhance cooperation on energy security, clean energy and climate change in New Delhi.
ii. The aim of the agreement is to promote sustainable growth.
iii. US and India inked Mou in areas relating to Energy smart Cities Partnership and promoting Energy Access through Clean Energy expansion.
3. DR. R SEETHARAMAN CONFERRED WITH 2016 GREEN ECONOMY VISIONARY AWARD
i. A Qatar-based Indian banker Dr. R Seetharaman has been honoured with the 2016 ‘Green Economy Visionary award’.
ii. He has been honoured with this award for his contribution in environment-friendly activities and thereby promoting green economy for nearly two decades.
4. ARGENTINA RETAIN TOP SPOT IN FIFA RANKINGS
i. Argentina again reained the top spot in latest Fifa rankings.
ii. Argentina was followed by Belgium then by Colombia.
iii. World champions Germany are fourth in the table with European Championship holders Spain now sixth.
iv. India have fallen down one spot to 163 from 162.
5. BRICS BANK TO ISSUE FIRST YUAN DENOMINATED BONDS
i. The BRICS Development Bank, also known as the New Development Bank is set to issue its first yuan-denominated bonds which is also known as 'green bands'.
ii. It was founded by the BRICS members and headed by eminent Indian banker M V Kamath.
iii. The bank is planning to finance development projects in the emerging markets and development countries.
iv. BRICS is supporting because China is facing economic slowdown in economy.
6. TWO INDIAN-ORIGIN WOMEN IN FORBES' SELF-MADE AMERICAN WOMEN LIST
i. Two Indian-origin women have featured on the Forbes' annual list of America's 60 wealthiest and most successful self-made women entrepreneurs.
ii. India-born Neerja Sethi, founder of IT consulting and outsourcing firm Syntel is ranked 16th and CEO of Arista Networks Jayshree Ullal is ranked 30th.
iii. The richest self-made woman in America is Diane Hendricks, the owner of ABC Supply, the largest wholesale distributor of roofing and siding in the country.
7. NOVAK DJOKOVIC BECOMES THE FIRST PLAYER TO WIN A $100M PRIZE MONEY
i. World number one Tennis Player Novak Djokovic has become the first professional tennis player to earn more than $100 million in prize money.
ii. In women's Serena Williams is on top who earned a total prize money of $75,929,696.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. RBI GIVES PERMISSION TO BSE TO START WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SCHEMES?
a. Sovereign Metal Bond Scheme
b. Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme
c. Sovereign Stock Bond Scheme
d. Sovereign Liquidity Bond Scheme
2. WITH WHICH COUNTRY INDIA SIGNED MOU TO BOOST ENERGY SECURITY AND CLEAN ENERGY cooperation?
3. “DR. R SEETHARAMAN” HAS BEEN GIVEN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING AWARDS IN 2016?
a. Green Economy Visionary Award
b. Gold Economy Visionary Award
c. Environment Upgrade Award
d. None of these
4. THE HEADQUARTER OF FIFA IS LOCATED AT?
5. WHO IS THE CHAIRPERSON OF BRICS BANK?
a. Raghu Ram Rajan
b. Jim Yong Kong
c. MV Kamath
d. Urjit Pate
6. WHICH COUNTRY OCCUPIES 2ND POSITION ACCORDING TO FIFA RANKING?
7. RECENTLY, BRICS BANK HAS ISSUED 1ST DENOMINATION BOND IN WHICH CURRENCY?
8. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING ARE TWO INDIAN ORIGIN WOMEN COME IN THE LIST OF “FORBE’S SELF-MADE AMERICAN WOMEN “ LIST?
a. Neerja Singh & Uma Ullal
b. Uma Singh & Nitu Singh
c. Jayshree Sinha & Neerja
d. Neerja Sethi & Jayeshree Ullal
1. B 2. D 3. A 4. B 5. C 6. C 7. A 8. D
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. AKODARA IN GUJARAT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST DI...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN