DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 5 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. BOXING LEGEND MUHAMMAD ALI DIES AT 74
i. Muhammad Ali former world magnificent heavyweight boxing champion has died at 74.
ii. Ali had suffered for three decades from Parkinson's disease, a progressive neurological condition that slowly robbed him of both his legendary verbal grace and his physical dexterity.
iii. He also wrote some famous books such as ‘The Greatest: My Own Story and The Soul of a Butterfly’
2. ODISHA BECOMES FIRST STATE TO GIVE SOCIAL WELFARE BENEFITS TO TRANSGENDER COMMUNITY
i. Odisha become the first in the country to give transgender people social welfare benefits for pension, housing and food grains.
ii. The government is giving the same benefits as those living below the poverty line are getting.
iii.They would also be entitled 5 kg of food grains every month under National Food Security Act.
3. IBC GETS AFFILIATION FROM COMMONWEALTH BOXING COUNCIL
i. The Indian Boxing Council a has been granted approval by the Commonwealth Boxing Council.
ii. It is a National Boxing Governing body that sanctions professional boxing matches.
iii. It is the first time in India an opportunity for the Boxers to be professional.
iv. It also aims to promote and serve the sport of boxing, to implement fair, scientific and objective computerised systems.
4. KHATTAR INUAGURATES ‘JAI JAWAN AWAS YOJNA’ TO PROVIDE AFFORDABLE HOUSING TO SERVING, RETIRED JCOS
i. CM of Haryana Manohar Lal Khattar laid the foundation stone of Jai Jawan Awas Yojna an initiative to provide affordable housing to serving and retired JCOs and Other Ranks at Bahadurgarh, Haryana.
ii. General Dalbir Singh, Chief of Army Staff was the Guest of Honour during the event.
iii. The project is aimed to provide low cost housing.
5. INDIA RANKS 70TH ON 2015 GOOD COUNTRY INDEX
i.In 2015 Good Country Index India has been ranked at 70th position in the list.
ii. The list has been topped by Sweden as the best country in the world for serving the interests of its people and contributing to the common good of humanity.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO IS THE AUTHOR OF THE BOOK” THE GREATEST: MY OWN STORY AND SOUL OF THE BUTTERFLY”?
a. Muhammad Ali
b. APZ Abdul Kalam
c. Pranab Mukherjee
d. None of these
2. WHICH STATE HAS BECOME 1ST STATE TO GIVE SOCIAL WELFARE BENEFITS TO TRANSGENDER COMMUNITY?
b. Tamil Nadu
3. “COMMON WEALTH BOXING COUNCIL” GIVES AFFILIATION TO WHICH COUNTRY BOXING COUNCIL?
4. “JAI JAWAN AWAS YOJNA” LAUNCHED IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATES OF INDIA?
d. All of the above
5. WHICH COUNTRY TOPS THE LIST OF “GOOD COUNTRY INDEX”?
6. WHAT IS THE RANK OF INDIA IN THE “GOOD COUNTRY INDEX”?
1. a 2. C 3. C 4. B 5. A 6. d