Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 5 JUNE 2016
Monday, June 6, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 5 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. BOXING LEGEND MUHAMMAD ALI DIES AT 74
i. Muhammad Ali former world magnificent heavyweight boxing champion has died at 74.
ii. Ali had suffered for three decades from Parkinson's disease, a progressive neurological condition that slowly robbed him of both his legendary verbal grace and his physical dexterity.
iii. He also wrote some famous books such as ‘The Greatest: My Own Story and The Soul of a Butterfly’
2. ODISHA BECOMES FIRST STATE TO GIVE SOCIAL WELFARE BENEFITS TO TRANSGENDER COMMUNITY
i. Odisha become the first in the country to give transgender people social welfare benefits for pension, housing and food grains.
ii. The government is giving the same benefits as those living below the poverty line are getting.
iii.They would also be entitled 5 kg of food grains every month under National Food Security Act.
3. IBC GETS AFFILIATION FROM COMMONWEALTH BOXING COUNCIL
i. The Indian Boxing Council a has been granted approval by the Commonwealth Boxing Council.
ii. It is a National Boxing Governing body that sanctions professional boxing matches.
iii. It is the first time in India an opportunity for the Boxers to be professional.
iv. It also aims to promote and serve the sport of boxing, to implement fair, scientific and objective computerised systems.
4. KHATTAR INUAGURATES ‘JAI JAWAN AWAS YOJNA’ TO PROVIDE AFFORDABLE HOUSING TO SERVING, RETIRED JCOS
i. CM of Haryana Manohar Lal Khattar laid the foundation stone of Jai Jawan Awas Yojna an initiative to provide affordable housing to serving and retired JCOs and Other Ranks at Bahadurgarh, Haryana.
ii. General Dalbir Singh, Chief of Army Staff was the Guest of Honour during the event.
iii. The project is aimed to provide low cost housing.
5. INDIA RANKS 70TH ON 2015 GOOD COUNTRY INDEX
i.In 2015 Good Country Index India has been ranked at 70th position in the list.
ii. The list has been topped by Sweden as the best country in the world for serving the interests of its people and contributing to the common good of humanity.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO IS THE AUTHOR OF THE BOOK” THE GREATEST: MY OWN STORY AND SOUL OF THE BUTTERFLY”?
a. Muhammad Ali
b. APZ Abdul Kalam
c. Pranab Mukherjee
d. None of these
2. WHICH STATE HAS BECOME 1ST STATE TO GIVE SOCIAL WELFARE BENEFITS TO TRANSGENDER COMMUNITY?
b. Tamil Nadu
3. “COMMON WEALTH BOXING COUNCIL” GIVES AFFILIATION TO WHICH COUNTRY BOXING COUNCIL?
4. “JAI JAWAN AWAS YOJNA” LAUNCHED IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATES OF INDIA?
d. All of the above
5. WHICH COUNTRY TOPS THE LIST OF “GOOD COUNTRY INDEX”?
6. WHAT IS THE RANK OF INDIA IN THE “GOOD COUNTRY INDEX”?
1. a 2. C 3. C 4. B 5. A 6. d
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN