Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 JULY 2016
Friday, July 1, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. CABINET CLEARS PAY HIKE FOR 1 CR. GOVT EMPLOYEES AND PENSIONERS
i. The Cabinet has approved pay hike in the salay of more than 1 Cr. central government employees.
ii. They will get a pay hike after the government approved the implementation of the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission.
ii. The report submitted by the commission headed by Justice Ashok Kumar Mathur in November last year recommended a 14.27 percent hike in basic pay at junior levels, 23.55 per cent overall hike in salaries, allowances and pension.
iii. The entry level pay was recommended to be raised to Rs. 18,000 per month from the current Rs. 7,000 a month.
2. FSSAI SIGNS MOU WITH ASCI
i. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India and the Advertising Standards Council of India signed MoU with each other to put check on the issues of misleading advertisements in the food sector.
ii. Under this MoU they will make it a compulsory check upon the process of complaints against misleading ads by food companies.
3. NASA TESTS ROCKET BOOSTER FOR SPACE MISSION
i. A booster for NASA’s Space Launch System the most powerful rocket in the world, has been successfully tested.
ii. It will pave the way for future human exploration in deep space, including the journey to Mars.
iii. This final qualification test of the booster system shows real progress in the development of the Space Launch System.
4. AMUL SIGNS UP AS OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF INDIAN TEAM TO THE OLYMPICS
i. India’s leading food products company Amul has signed up as the official sponsor for the Indian contingent to the Rio Olympics 2016.
ii. The company will launch a series of advertising campaigns for milk and other dairy products to promote this association.
iii. Amul has embarked upon an ‘Eat Milk with Every Meal’ campaign.
5. EXERCISE ‘JALRAHAT’ COMMENCES IN ASSAM
i. The armed forces conducted a exercise to control Natural calamities named as exercise ‘Jalrahat’ started in Narangi Cantt in Assam.
ii. It is a joint initiative by State Govt and Armed Forces for relief during floods.
6. GOVT LAUNCHES WEB PORTAL TO KEEP A CHECK ON ENVIRONMENTAL APPROVALS FOR MINING OF MINERALS
i. A new web portal has been launched for online submission and monitoring of environmental approvals for mining of sand and minor minerals.
ii. Prakash Javadekar Minister of State of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, the web portal will enhance transparency of the entire application process.
7. INDIA'S SANJEEV RAJPUT WINS SILVER IN ISSF
i. Sanjeev Rajput shooter of India bagged a silver medal for India in men's 50-metre rifle.
ii. The gold medal was acquired by Petar Gorsa from Croatia.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO HEADS THE COMMITTEE OF “7TH PAY COMMISSION”?
a. Justice HL Dattu
b. Justice TS Thakur
c. Justice Ashok Kumar Mathur
d. All of the above
2. WHERE ARE THE HEADQUARTERS OF NASA SITUATED?
a. Washington DC
b. New York
3. WHAT IS THE FULL FORM OF “NASA”?
a. National Areospace Agency
b. National Aeronautics & Space Administration
c. National Aeroresearch & Space Aministration
d. None of these
4. “EAT MILK WITH EVERY MEAL” CAMPAIGN HAS LAUNCHED BY WHICH FOOD PRODUCT COMPANY?
b. Mother Dairy
5. NAME THE OPERATION WHICH IS CONDUCTED IN ASSAM TO CONTROL NATURAL CALAMITIES?
c. JEEVAN SURAKSHA
d. All of the above
6. THE FAMOUS SHOOTER “PETER GORSA” BELONGS TO WHICH COUNTRY?
1. C 2. A 3. B 4. D 5. A 6. B
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN