DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. N S VISHWANATHAN APPOINTED AS THE NEW DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF RBI
i. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet appointed NS Vishwanathan as the Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India.
ii. He is currently working as an executive director at the RBI.
iii. He will replace H R Khan, who will retire on July 3.
2. INDIA RANKED 105TH ON WEF'S HUMAN CAPITAL INDEX
i. India has been ranked 105th out of 130 countries on the World Economic Forum's Human Capital Index.
ii. The index measures countries’ ability to nurture, develop and deploy talent for economic growth.
iii. Finland topped the index and india is placed on 105th rank.
iv. The index has been released by Geneva-based World Economic Forum.
3. RAJNATH SINGH INAUGURATES H.Q. OF JHARKHAND'S SPECIAL ANTI-MAOIST FORCE
i. Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the newly constructed headquarters of Jharkhand's special anti-Maoist force 'Jharkhand Jaguar' in Jharkhand's capital city Ranchi.
ii. Jharkhand Jaguar is an anti-Maoist squad formed eight years ago in 2008 .
iii. The force has led many successful operations against Maoists so far.
4. ODISHA GOVERNMENT TO PROVIDE EDUCATION LOAN AT 1% INTEREST
i. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has launched a new scheme Kalinga Siksha Sathi Yojana.
ii. The aim of the scheme is to provide education loan at 1 % interest to students for pursuing higher studies.
iii. The State government dedicated this scheme to former Chief Minister Biju Patnaik on his Birth Centenary.
iv. Under this scheme poor students can avail professional and technical education loan up to 10 lakh rupees at 1% interest rate.
5. TWO INDIANS GET QUEEN’S YOUNG LEADERS AWARD 2016
i. Two Indians, Kartik Sawhney, and Neha Swain, have won the 2016 Queen's Young Leaders award in the United Kingdom.
ii. Sawhney and Swain have won the prestigious award for their exceptional work in transforming the lives of others and making a lasting difference in their communities.
iii. The Queen’s Young Leader Award is given to youths who are taking the lead in their communities and using their skills to transform lives.
6 FOUNDER OF TITAN, XERXES SAPUR DESAI HAS PASSED AWAY
i. Xerxes Sapur Desai, the man who founded India's largest watchmaker company 'Titan Co Ltd', has passed away in Bengaluru.
ii. He also worked with Tata Press, Tata Chemicals, and Taj Hotels before setting up Titan in 1986.
iii. After the success in watches, he started Tanishq, the jewelry business that is now a trusted brand and India’s largest jewelry firm.
7. INDIA MAINTAINS THE THIRD POSITION IN ICC ODI TEAM RANKINGS
i. According to ICC Ranking India has maintained its number three position in the ICC ODI team rankings.
ii. The ranking list is topped by world champions Australia.
iii. The second place was occupied by New Zealand with 113 rating points.
iv. In the MRF Tyres ICC Player Rankings for ODI batsmen India’s Virat Kohli is placed second while South Africa’s AB de Villiers has been on the top place.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF RBI WHO HAS BEEN REPLACED BY NS VISWANATHAN BY THE RECOMMENDATION OF THE APPOINTMENT COMMITTEE OF CABINET?
a. SS Mundra
b. R Gandhi
c. Urjit R Patel
d. HR Khan
2. WHICH COUNTRY TOPS THE LIST OF “WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM’S” HUMAN CAPITAL INDEX?
3. HOW MANY COUNTRIES ARE SURVEYED BY GENEVA BASED “WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM”?
4. THE ANTI-MAOIST SQUAD “JHARKHAND JAGUAR” HEADQUARTERS LOCATED AT WHICH CITY OF INDIA?
5. WHO IS THE GOVERNOR OF ODISHA?
a. MN Shah
b. Shila Dixit
c. Kiran Bedi
d. SC Jamir
6. WHICH COUNTRY’S BATSMAN HAS GOT 1ST RANK ACCORDING TO MRF TYRES ICC PLAYER RANKING?
c. South Africa
d. West Indies
1. D 2. A 3. C 4. A 5. D 6. C