Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 JULY 2016
Friday, July 15, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. ASHOK PATNAIK IS NATGRID CHIEF
i. The government has appointed Ashok Patnaik as the Chief Executive Officerof the National Intelligence Grid.
ii. The appointment is being seen as the government’s effort to revive the project, which was conceived in the wake of the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
iii. NATGRID is one of the intelligence reforms undertaken in the wake of the Mumbai attacks of November 2008.
iv. NATGRID is a centralised agency which stores sensitive personal information on citizens from almost two dozen agencies to be made available for counter-terror investigations.
2. NEW CENTRAL SCHEME TARGETS SKILLING OF ONE CRORE PEOPLE
i. The Cabinet has cleared the plan of Rs. 12,000-crore to train 60 lakh youths and certify 40 lakh informally skilled workers over the next four years.
ii. The fund is approved for the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana which includes a programe to revive the traditional Guru-Shishya approach to train youth .
iii. Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana is the scheme to enable and mobilize a large number of Indian youth to take up outcome based skill training and become employable and earn their livelihood.
3. HARIKA DRONAVALLI WINS FIDE WOMEN’S GRAND PRIX TROPHY IN CHINA
i. India's Grand Master Harika Dronavalli won the Fide Women’s Grand Prix trophy in Chendu China.
ii. She defeated Russia’s Olga Girya to win the title.
4. UNION GOVERNMENT LAUNCHES OPERATION ‘SANKAT MOCHAN’ TO EVACUATE INDIAN CITIZENS FROM SOUTH SUDAN
i. The Union Government has started the operation ‘Sankat Mochan’ to evacuate Indian citizens from South Sudan’s capital Juba.
ii. Sankat Mochan in Hindi means reliever from troubles.
iii. The operation is being undertaken by Indian Air Force and will be headed by Union Minister of State (MoS) for External Affairs General (Retd.) VK Singh.
5. CCEA APPROVES DISINVESTMENT OF 15% IN NBCC
i. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the disinvestment of 15% paid up equity of National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited .
ii. The disinvestment of 15% will done out of Union Government’s 90% shareholding.
iii. The disinvestment would result in estimated receipts of approximately 1,706 crore rupees to the Government.
6. BSE INTRODUCES 'PAPERLESS SIP'
i. Bombay stock exchange has introduced 'Paperless SIP' that would allow mutual fund investors to make transactions through various modes of payments.
ii. The additional feature on BSE's mutual fund platform - StAR MF - would allow MF distributors to register SIPs for their clients, who can pay SIP amounts through various modes.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHERE ARE THE HEADQUARTERS OF NATGRID LOCATED AT?
b. New Delhi
2. NAME THE OFFICIO WHO IS RECENTLY APPOINTED AS CHIEF EXECUTIVE OF NATGRID?
a. Manohar Patnaik
b. Baljeet Patnaik
c. Ashok Patnaik
d. None of these
3. NAME THE SCHEME WHICH IS LAUNCHED BY CENTRAL GOVERNMENT TO ENABLE THE YOUTH TO TAKE UP OUTCOME BASED SKILL AND BECOME EMPLOYABLE?
a. Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna
b. Pradhan Mantri Budhi Vikas Yojna
c. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwal Vikas Yojna
d. All of the above
4. WHAT IS THE CAPITAL OF SOUTH SUDAN?
5. WHICH OPERATION IS LAUNCHED BY UNION GOVERNMENT TO EVACUATE INDIANS FROM SOUTH SUDAN?
b. Sankat Mochan
c. Raksha Setu
d. Air Evacuation
1. B 2. C 3. A 4. D 5. B
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 25 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. BANK DEPOSITS WITH RBI HIT RECORD HIGH AFTE...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25 NOVEMBER 1. Who will be the Chief Guest at the 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas? a) Antonio Costa b) Mich...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN