DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 14 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INS KARNA COMMISSIONED BY NAVY CHIEF
i. Indian Navy has commissioned INS Karna, an independent base of Marine Commandos at Bheemunipatanam Naval Base, Visakhapatnam.
ii. It was commissioned by Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba .
iii. The Marine Commando Force was raised as the Indian Marine Special Force in February 1987 at INS Abhimanyu in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
2. BANGLADESH AND INDIA SIGNED RAMPAL POWER PLANT CONSTRUCTION AGREEMENT
i. Bangladesh and India have signed a landmark deal for the construction of a 1,320-megawatt coal-fired power plant.
ii. It is the biggest project under bilateral cooperation that would mark the transition from electricity export to generation level.
3. SRK AND AKSHAY JOIN TAYLOR SWIFT IN FORBES HIGHEST PAID CELEBRITY LIST
i. Bollywood stars Shahrukh Khan and Akshay Kumar were the only Indian celebrities to make way for the Forbes list of world’s highest paid celebrity.
ii. Shahrukh Khan successfully grabbed the 86th position on the list.
iii. Akshay Kumar was placed on 94th position with making about 31.5 million dollars in a year.
iv. Musician Taylor Swift with $170 million in her earning bag seized the top spot on the list.
4. HDFC TO SELL MASALA BONDS
i. Housing Development Finance Corp is set to become the first Indian company to sell masala bonds.
ii. A rupee-denominated bond sold to foreign investors and listed on an overseas exchange.
iii. It plans to raise as much as Rs 3,000 crore.
iii. These bonds will bear a fixed coupon and will have a incumbency period of 3 years and 1 month.
iv. The company has named Axis Bank, Credit Suisse and Nomura as joint venture runners and lead managers to the event.
5. ICC HAS RELEASED TEST, ODI, AND T20I RANKINGS
i. The International Cricket Council has released the official ICC men’s Team Rankings from Test, One Day International and T20I cricket.
ii. India held the second position in the latest ICC Test rankings and Australia leads the Test rankings.
iii. Top 3 teams in ICC ODI Rankings:
b. New Zealand
iv. Top 3 teams in ICC T20 Rankings:
a. New Zealand
c. West Indies
v. Top 4 teams in Women’s Rankings
c. New Zealand
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO IS THE CHIEF OF NAVAL STAFF?
(a) Sunil Lambha
(b) Devanand Kumar
(c) Dalbir Singh
(d) Ram Dass Katari
2. INDIA HAS SIGNED ITS RAMPAL POWER PLANT CONSTRUCTION AGREEMENT WITH WHICH COUNTRY?
3. WHO HAS TOPPED THE FORBES HIGHEST PAID CELEBRITY LIST?
(a) Shahrukh Khan
(b) Taylor Swift .
(c) Robert Downey Ji
(d) Jacki Chan
4. WHO IS THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF HDFC BAKS?
(a) Shikha Sharma
(b) Amrita Puri
(c) Aditya Puri
(d) Keki Parekh.
5. ICC HAS RELEASED ITS TEST, ODI AND T20 RANKINGS, WHICH COUNTRY AMONG THE FOLLOWING TOPPED THE ICC T20 RANKING?
(d) West Indies
1. (A) 2. (D) 3. (B) 4. (C) 5. (A)