Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 16 JULY 2016
Saturday, July 16, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 16 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. WORLD YOUTH SKILLS DAY OBSERVED ON 15TH JULY
i. The World Youth Skills Day is observed globally on 15 July every year.
ii. The day is observed to raise awareness about the importance of investing in youth skills development.
iii. The importance of the Day is to create more awareness on training and the development of skills for the youth of today.
iv. The theme of the day is “Skills Development to Improve Youth Employment”.
2. RBI SETS UP SUDARSHAN SEN-HEADED WORKING GROUP ON FIN TECH AND DIGITAL BANKING
i. The Reserve Bank of India has formed an inter-regulatory Working Group to study the regulatory issues relating to Financial Technology and Digital Banking in India.
ii. The Group will be headed by RBI’s Executive Director Sudarshan Sen and consist of 12 members.
iii. It was formed in view of the growing significance of Fintech innovations and their interactions with the financial sector as well as financial sector entities.
3. MADHYA PRADESH BECOMES FIRST STATE TO APPROVE SETTING UP OF HAPPINESS DEPARTMENT
i. Madhya Pradesh Cabinet gave its approval to set up Happiness Department in the state.
ii. The department will work as knowledge resource centre on the subject of happiness.
iii. Madhya Pradesh became the first state of the country to set up such a Department.
iv. It will prepare guidelines for coordination between different departments for propagating happiness in the state.
4. INDIA AND ADB SIGN 100 MILLION US DOLLAR LOAN AGREEMENT FOR CAUVERY DELTA PROJECT IN TAMIL NADU
i. The Union Government and the Asian Development Bank signed a 100 million US dollars loan agreement to strengthen irrigation and drainage system.
ii. The agreement is signed to improve water management in the Vennar sub-basin of the Cauvery delta in Tamil Nadu.
iii. The project aims to improve existing infrastructure and will provide flood protection and renewed access to irrigation.
iv. Flood forecasting and warning systems will be installed and a flood risks map drawn up to help communities respond more effectively to extreme events.
5. WORLD YOUTH SKILLS DAY 2016 OBSERVED ON 15 JULY
i. The World Youth Skills Day was observed on 15 July 2016.
ii. The theme of the day is Skills Development to Improve Youth Employment.
iii. The day is observed to create more awareness and a discussion on training and the development of skills for the youth.
6. WHO DECLARES INDIA AS MATERNAL AND NEONATAL TETANUS FREE
i. The World Health Organization has declared India as Maternal and Neonatal Tetanus free.
ii. WHO presented certificates to the Union Health and Family Welfare Minister J P Nadda.
iii. India is the first country under the 2012 WHO neglected tropical diseases roadmap to eliminate yaws.
7. 11TH ASEM SUMMIT BEGINS IN ULAANBAATAR, MONGOLIA
i. The eleventh edition of Asia-Europe Meeting Summit or ASEM2016 began in Ulaanbaatar, the capital of Mongolia.
ii. The theme of the Summit is ‘Partnership for the Future through Connectivity‘.
iii. World leaders including from the leaders of 51 member countries and the representatives of European Union and Asian are attending the two day summit.
8. RAKESH KUMAR CHATURVEDI APPOINTED AS CHAIRMAN OF CBSE
i. Senior IAS officer Rakesh Kumar Chaturvedi has been appointed as the new Chairman of the Central Board of Secondary Education .
ii. The appointment was made by the Appointment Committee of the Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
iii. Central Board of Secondary Education is a Board of Education for public and private schools, under the Union Government.
9. WHO MOVED MY INTEREST RATE? BOOK RELEASED AUTHORED BY DUVVURI SUBBARAO
i. A book titled Who Moved My Interest Rate? authored by Duvvuri Subbarao.
ii. He was the former Governor of Reserve Bank of India.
iii. The book gives an account of the dilemmas Subbarao confronted while leading the Reserve Bank through the extraordinary economic and political challenges India and world faced from 2008 to 2013.
10. JUSTICE SHAH HEADED SIT ON BLACK MONEY RECOMMENDS BAN ON CASH TRANSACTIONS ABOVE 3 LAKH RUPEES
i. The Supreme Court-constituted Special Investigation Team on black money submitted its fifth report to the apex court.
ii. The SIT was headed by retired Justice M B Shah.
iii. The following recommendations have been made:
a. It has recommended ban on cash transactions above 3 lakh rupees in a day.
b. It recommended enacting a law to declare such transactions as illegal and punishable.
c. It also suggested capping the cash holding of an industry or individual at 15 lakh rupees.
11. ARVIND SUBRAMANIAN PANEL CONSTITUTED TO TACKLE PULSES SHORTAGE
i. Union Government constituted a high-level committee to review the minimum support price and bonus for pulses.
ii. The committee will be headed by Chief Economic Adviser Arvind Subramanian.
iii. The panel is formed due to the following reasons:
a. It will look into various options to frame a long-term policy on pulses to tackle shortage.
b. It will suggest an appropriate policy to promote cultivation of lentils in India.
c. It will find the measure to contain the rising prices of pulses in the country.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. “SKILL DEVELOPMENT TO IMPROVE YOUTH EMPLOYMENT “IS THE THEME OF WHICH DAY AND ON WHICH DATE IT IS OBSERVED?
a. 19th July, World Youth Skill Day
b. 15th July, World Youth Skill Day
c. 13th July, World Employment Day
d. None of these
2. THE GROUP OF FINANCIAL TECHNOLOGY AND DIGITAL BANKING IN INDIA IS ESTABLISHED BY WHICH ORGANIZATION OF INDIA?
a. Finance Ministry
c. IT department of Union government
3. WHO IS THE GOVERNOR OF MADHAYA PRADESH?
a. Ram Naresh Yadav
b. Randeep Singh
c. NK Nair
d. VK Singh
4. WHAT AMOUNT OF LOAN IS SANCTIONED BY ADB TO INDIA FOR “CAUVERY DELTA PROJECT”?
a. $250 million
b. $100 million
c. $150 million
d. $200 million
5. WHO IS THE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF “WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION”?
a. DR. MV Chan
b. DR. R Wilensky
c. DR. Anders Nardstrom
d. DR. Margaret Chan
6. WHAT IS THE CURRENCY OF MONGOLIA?
7. “PARTNERSHIP FOR THE FUTURE THROUGH CONNECTIVITY “IS THE THEME OF WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SUMMITS?
a. G-7 Summit
b. ASEAN Summit
c. ASEM Summit
d. SARRC Summit
8. MR. DUVVURI SUBBARAO , THE AUTHOR OF “WHO MOVED MY INTEREST RATE” HAS BEEN IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING DEPARTMENT AND WHAT WAS HIS DESIGNATION?
a. RBI, Deputy Governor
b. RBI, Governor
c. PSU, CEO
d. None of the above
9. WHAT LIMIT OF TRANSACTION OF PER DAY HAS BEEN SET BY BY SIT?
a. Rs 1.5 lakh
b. Rs 1 lakh
c. Rs 2 lakh
d. Rs 3 lakh
10. THE UNION GOVERNMENT CONSTITUTED A COMMITTEE TO TACKLE PULSES SHORTAGE. WHO HEADS THE COMMITTEE?
a. Arvind Subramanian
b. Swami Subramanian
c. Lakshmi Subramanian
d. None of these
1. B 2. D 3. A 4. C 5. D 6. A 7. C 8. B 9. D 10. A
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
To Access File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 5 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD’S LARGEST BIRD FESTIVAL IN AGRA i....
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 4 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. DELHI AIRPORT WORLD'S 22ND MOST CONNECT...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 6 DEC 1. International Volunteer Day – 5 December i. The International Volunteer Day was observed across the w...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 7 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. ISRO LAUNCHES PSLV-C36 CARRYING REMOTE SE...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. AKODARA IN GUJARAT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST DI...