Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 17 JULY 2016
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 17 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIA FIRST COUNTRY TO BECOME YAWS-FREE
i. India achieves yet another public health milestone becomes first country to be declared free of Yaws, an infection of the skin and bones.
ii. The India is focusing on WHO global target year of 2020.
iii. YAWS is a kind of bacterial infection that affects skin, bones and joints, while tetanus, another bacterial infection, leads to muscle spasms that can be fatal.
2. THREE INDIAN SITES LISTED AMONG UNESCO’S WORLD HERITAGE SITES
i. The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization has listed Franco-Swiss architect Le Corbusier’s works among its World Heritage Sites.
ii. The listed works include Chandigarh’s Complexe du Capitole, Khangchendzonga National Park and Mount Khangchendzonga.
iii. It is the first time that any country got three sites inscribed in the Word Heritage List at a single session of the committee meeting.
3. PEMA KHANDU SWORN-IN AS ARUNACHAL PRADESH CHIEF MINISTER
i. Pema Khandu was sworn-in as the Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh.
ii. Governor Tataghata Roy administered the Oath of Office and Secrecy to him.
4. VIJENDER SINGH DEFEATS KERRY HOPE TO CLINCH WBO ASIA PACIFIC SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE
i. Vijender Singh, the boxing star from India grabbed the WBO Asia Pacific Super Middleweight title at the Thyagraj Stadium, New Delhi.
ii. He defeated former WBC European champion Kerry Hope.
iii. Heo became the country’s first-ever professional boxing title holder.
5. TURKISH MUSICIAN KUDSI ERGUNER NAMED UNESCO ARTIST FOR PEACE
i. Turkish musician Kudsi Erguner was appointed as the UNESCO Artist for Peace.
ii. Udsi Ergüner was named in recognition of his efforts in:
a. To promote the universal values of music, an essential instrument of dialogue between cultures
b. For his contribution to the protection of musical heritage
c. His support for the International Decade of the Rapprochement of Cultures (2013-2022)
d. His unwavering commitment to the ideals of the Organization
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE COUNTRY WHO HAS DECLARED YAWS FREE BY UNICEF & WHO?
2. KHANGCHENDZONGA NATIONAL PARK IS LOCATED AT WHICH STATE OF INDIA?
3. WORLD HERITAGE COMMITTEE IS MAINTAINED BY WHICH INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION?
d. both b and c
4. PEMA KHANDU, SET A NEW CHIEF MINISTER OF ARUNACHAL PRADESH HAS REPLACED WHICH AMONG OF THE FOLLOWING?
a. Nabam Tuki
b. Chowa Mein
c. Tataghata Roy
d. None of these
5. THE FAMOUS PLAYER “KERRY HOPE” BELONGS TO WHICH GAME?
6. NAME THE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF UNICEF?
a. Rayan Booth
b. Harry Pantela
c. Irina Bokova
d. None of these
1. B 2. D 3. C 4. A 5. B 6. C
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN