Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 JULY 2016
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. RBI INSTRUCTED BANKS TO EXCHANGE UPTO 20 SOILED NOTES FREE OF CHARGE
i. The Reserve Bank of India has instructed banks to exchange up to 20 pieces of soiled currency notes with a maximum value of Rs. 5,000 free of charge.
ii. If the number of notes to be exchanged is more than 20, banks can levy service charge.
2. OVER 14 LAKH LPG CONNECTIONS RELEASED UNDER PMUY
i. More than fourteen lakh LPG connections have been released to the women of BPL families under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
ii. According to the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, the scheme is currently under operation in 487 districts of 17 states.
iii. The schemeaims at providing LPG connections to five crore below-poverty-line beneficiaries over the next three years.
3. MP CABINET APPROVES SETTING UP OF HAPPINESS DEPARTMENT IN STATE
i. In Madhya Pradesh, the Shivraj cabinet has given its nod to set up Happiness Department in the state.
ii. This department will work as knowledge resource centre on the subject of happiness.
iv. A state Happiness Institute will also be established under the Happiness Department.
v. Madhya Pradesh is the first state of the country to set up such a Department.
4. MISBAH-UL-HAQ BECOMES OLDEST CAPTAIN TO SCORE TEST HUNDRED
i. Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq has scored 110 against England .
ii. He became the oldest cricketer of 42 years and 47 days to score Test hundred.
5. NELSON MANDELA INTERNATIONAL DAY 2016 OBSERVED ON 18 JULY
i. Nelson Mandela International Day was observed across the world on 18 July 2016.
ii. The day is observed in the honour the Nobel Peace Prize laureate Nelson Mandela.
iii. The day is aimed at inspiring individuals to take action to help change the world for the better.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF RBI WHO IS RECENTLY APPOINTED?
a. Urjit Patel
b. R Gandhi
c. SS Mundra
d. NS Vishwanathan
2. WHAT IS AN OBJECTIVE OF PRADHAN MANTRI UJJAWAL YOJNA?
a. LPG connection for women of BPL families
b. Infant vaccination
c. Youth employment
d. All of the above
3. NAME THE GOVERNOR OF MAHARASTRA?
a. Kiran Bedi
b. K Sankaranarayanan
c. NK Nair
d. VK Singh
4. THE FAMOUS CRICKET PLAYER “MISBAH-UL-HAQ” BELONGS TO WHICH COUNTRY?
d. None of these
5. THE FAMOUS POLITICIAN “NELSON MANDELA” BELONGS TO WHICH COUNTRY?
b. South Africa
1. D 2. A 3. B 4. C 5. B
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25,26 OCTOBER 1. Which country formally begun the process of withdrawing from the International Criminal...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –23,24 OCTOBER 1. Which city recently bestowed honorary citizenship on Dalai Lama? a) Venice b)...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN