Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 JULY 2016
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. RBI INSTRUCTED BANKS TO EXCHANGE UPTO 20 SOILED NOTES FREE OF CHARGE
i. The Reserve Bank of India has instructed banks to exchange up to 20 pieces of soiled currency notes with a maximum value of Rs. 5,000 free of charge.
ii. If the number of notes to be exchanged is more than 20, banks can levy service charge.
2. OVER 14 LAKH LPG CONNECTIONS RELEASED UNDER PMUY
i. More than fourteen lakh LPG connections have been released to the women of BPL families under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
ii. According to the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, the scheme is currently under operation in 487 districts of 17 states.
iii. The schemeaims at providing LPG connections to five crore below-poverty-line beneficiaries over the next three years.
3. MP CABINET APPROVES SETTING UP OF HAPPINESS DEPARTMENT IN STATE
i. In Madhya Pradesh, the Shivraj cabinet has given its nod to set up Happiness Department in the state.
ii. This department will work as knowledge resource centre on the subject of happiness.
iv. A state Happiness Institute will also be established under the Happiness Department.
v. Madhya Pradesh is the first state of the country to set up such a Department.
4. MISBAH-UL-HAQ BECOMES OLDEST CAPTAIN TO SCORE TEST HUNDRED
i. Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq has scored 110 against England .
ii. He became the oldest cricketer of 42 years and 47 days to score Test hundred.
5. NELSON MANDELA INTERNATIONAL DAY 2016 OBSERVED ON 18 JULY
i. Nelson Mandela International Day was observed across the world on 18 July 2016.
ii. The day is observed in the honour the Nobel Peace Prize laureate Nelson Mandela.
iii. The day is aimed at inspiring individuals to take action to help change the world for the better.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF RBI WHO IS RECENTLY APPOINTED?
a. Urjit Patel
b. R Gandhi
c. SS Mundra
d. NS Vishwanathan
2. WHAT IS AN OBJECTIVE OF PRADHAN MANTRI UJJAWAL YOJNA?
a. LPG connection for women of BPL families
b. Infant vaccination
c. Youth employment
d. All of the above
3. NAME THE GOVERNOR OF MAHARASTRA?
a. Kiran Bedi
b. K Sankaranarayanan
c. NK Nair
d. VK Singh
4. THE FAMOUS CRICKET PLAYER “MISBAH-UL-HAQ” BELONGS TO WHICH COUNTRY?
d. None of these
5. THE FAMOUS POLITICIAN “NELSON MANDELA” BELONGS TO WHICH COUNTRY?
b. South Africa
1. D 2. A 3. B 4. C 5. B
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25 NOVEMBER 1. Who will be the Chief Guest at the 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas? a) Antonio Costa b) Mich...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –26 NOVEMBER 1. India in recent past signed an agreement with which international agency to accept digital...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 23 RD NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. PORTUGUESE PRIME MINISTER TO BE THE CHIEF ...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN