Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 14 AUG 2016
Thursday, August 18, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 14 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIA'S FIRST TOUCH-AND-FEEL GARDEN FOR VISUALLY IMPAIRED INAUGRATED
i. A first-of-its-kind touch and feel garden for the visually impaired people in the country was inaugurated near Calicut University campus in Kerala.
ii. The garden has nearly 70 aromatic, medicinal and herbal plants brought from various parts the country.
iii. The visually impaired can study the plants not only by touching, feeling and smelling them but also getting information about them through audio inputs.
2. RBI TRANSFERS RS 65,876 CRORE SURPLUS TO GOVERNMENT
i. The Reserve Bank will transfer to the central government its surplus profit of Rs 65,876 crore.
ii. The approval to transfer the surplus was taken at the meeting of the Central Board of the RBI, chaired by Governor Raghuram Rajan.
iii. The surplus is generated through RBI's investment activities,lke sovereign bonds and T-bills.
3. PUNJAB CM BADAL INAUGURATES FIRST 'SEWA KENDRA' IN PUNJAB
i. Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has inaugurated city’s first Sewa Kendra at Ladhewali today where people will be able to avail services under one roof.
ii. A total of 2,147 Sewa Kendras has been constructed at a cost of Rs 500 crore.
iii. The Kendra's were being started to minimise public interaction with various offices and weeding out corruption besides enhancing the efficiency of the administration and delivery of services to common people.
4. ASSAM BECOMES THE FIRST STATE TO RATIFY GST
i. Assam has become the first state to ratify the Goods and Services Tax Constitutional Amendment Bill.
ii. The Parliament had earlier cleared the bill to usher in a uniform tax regime throughout the country.
iii. The bill is neded to be ratified by at least 15 states to make it a law.
iv. The Centre seeks to roll-out the GST by April 1, 2017.
5. 12-DAY LONG KRISHNA PUSHKAR FESTIVAL BEGINS ON GRAND NOTE IN TELANGANA & AP
i. A 12-day long Krishna Pushkar festival began in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh started on a grand note today.
ii. The festival comes once in every 12 years.
iii. Telangana government has made arrangements for about three crore people.
6. NABARD SANCTIONS RS 26.06 CRORE TO PUNJAB
i. National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development has sanctioned Rs 26.06 crore to the Punjab government.
ii. The fund has been sanctioned for tackling waterlogging by constructing lift schemes in low-lying areas, village ponds, and other allied works.
iii. The project will provide help to 87 villages of Muktsar and Fazilka districts.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. INDIA’S FIRST TOUCH-AND-FEEL GARDEN FOR VISUALLY DISABLE PEOPLE IS INAUGURATED BY?
a. Chief Minister of Kerela
b. Governor of Kerela
c. Health Minister of Kerela
d. Assembly Speaker of Kerela
2. NAME THE RECENTLY APPOINTED DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF RBI?
a. HR Khan
b. NS Vishwanathan
c. UK Sinha
d. R Gandhi
3. WHAT IS THE CAPITAL OF PUNJAB?
4. GST BILL IS RATIFIED IN HOW MANY STATES TO BECOME A LAW?
5. WHO IS THE CEO OF NABARD?
a. SK Munjal
b. MN Sinha
c. Viswajeet Singh
d. Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
6. THE HEADQUARTERS OF NABARD ARE LOCATED AT?
b. New Delhi
1) D 2) B 3) A 4) C 5) D 6) C
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 25 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. BANK DEPOSITS WITH RBI HIT RECORD HIGH AFTE...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN